CCHS - embroidering names on PE kit

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

MmeOgg

CCHS - embroidering names on PE kit

Post by MmeOgg »

Hello, I'm sure I read a thread on here last year about getting CCHS PE kit embroidered but I can't seem to find it.
Belatedly, DD has decided her PE jumper is too small - I can order the uniform online from Simmonds, but can't work out how to get it embroidered. I'm not even sure if DD could go into the uniform shop once school reopens and order an item to be embroidered, it reads as though that service is only available at the special appointments in the holidays.

Can anyone recommend somewhere which will embroider a single item?

Thank you - (and I'm well aware I may be a making a mountain out of a mole hill :oops: )
Blitz

Re: CCHS - embroidering names on PE kit

Post by Blitz »

There is a shop on Newland St, Witham that does embroidery on school items - Personalised Ltd.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Thank you. With an is a bit of a trek for us, but I'll give them a call.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

I still find it weird that the contract to supply uniform for a school requiring embroidery doesn't include the requirement to supply those items embroidered, so to speak. Both the official suppliers for the main / PE uniform for SHSG (and the company from which we now order the tracksuits) supply the items which require the name to be embroidered with that included automatically. The more local one also embroidered DD's name onto some navy cloth (cut from a pair of shorts I bought from a charity shop) to make 'name tapes' to cover up the original owner's name on the second hand tracksuit I bought.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
marigold

Post by marigold »

Hi,

We got our's done at Franklins at the bottom of Moulsham Street in Chelmsford.

( My most favourite shop )
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Thanks again - I love Franklins, but haven't been for ages and didn't realise they do embroidery.
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

Just a quick update for anyone reading this thread in future, Franklins don't have an embroidery service.
If push comes to shove I can hand embroider - but DD says that will look lame :?
Thanks again for everyone's help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

You could try calling Danielle's in Rochford to ask whether they would be willing to embroider 'one offs', but I suspect the answer might be no. It's alto a bit of a traipse from Chelmsford.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx