CEM and CSSE Letters

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
stratfordmom

CEM and CSSE Letters

Post by stratfordmom »

Hi,

Have you all received the confirmation letters from CEM and CSSE ?

I still haven't received either of them. However, I know another parent who received CEM letter more than a week ago.

I know we still have time for CSSE, but CEM is a week earlier.

Any idea how long I should wait. If I don't get the letter, who should I be contacting?

Many thanks,
littlemissm

Re: CEM and CSSE Letters

Post by littlemissm »

Hello, our CCHS letter arrived on Saturday and haven't yet received a letter from CSSE. I think the information booklets on the CCHS and CSSE websites gives some dates about when letters will be posted and contact details.
Hope that helps.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

We got ours last Saturday as well.
raa

Post by raa »

we have received our letter for CEM. still waiting for csse.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

raa wrote:we have received our letter for CEM. still waiting for csse.
According to the CSSE website, that will be posted next Wednesday (7th), I think? The office is not open during the holidays, so they are unlikely to have planned a massive mailout for a date in August.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mum2twogirls

Post by mum2twogirls »

We have received CCHS details but still awaiting CSSE.
stratfordmom

Post by stratfordmom »

Thanks for your replies.

I still haven't received CEM letter. I phoned CCHS on friday. The story goes like this. I would really appreciate if someone can give me some advice.

CCHS says I have to contact woodford County as I chose that as the Test center.
Woodford County says they don't deal with this and asked me to contact Redbridge Council.
Redbridge Council says I should have registered with them separately and since I didn't do that, they will not deal with it, and asked me to contact Essex County Council.
Essex County Council asked me to contact Consortium.
Consortium says they don't deal with CCHS and asked to call Essex County back.
Essex County says they don't get involved with CEM test and asked me to contact CCHS.

BY then it was 4:45 and everyone left offices.

So, I am going to start phoning offices again today.

hmmmm......
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Did you only register with CCHS? My reading of the message on their website is that they only send out test details to those who are actually sitting the exam at Chelmsford.

The Information for Parents pdf on the Redbridge website says that in order to be considered for a place at one of their grammar schools, your child has to be registered through Redbridge (and the required documentary proof of date of birth uploaded). You can also register for other grammar schools (e.g. Latymer, CCHS), in which case you must register with them (i.e. the other schools) 'in accordance with the schools' guidance'. I may have misinterpreted this, but it appears to say that you have to register separately with each organisation arranging the test for whichever school you are interested in, as well as nominating which test centre you require.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
stratfordmom

Post by stratfordmom »

Thanks ToadMum,

I followed the link given at CCHS admissions site to register - gave all the required documents such as proof of address, DOB etc. I had an option to choose between CCHS and Woodford County as the test center and hence chose Woodford County.

Also, received the email to say that my registration has been successful and I will get the letter for test arrangements before 2nd September.

I was not aware at any point that I should register separately at Redbridge Council.

No idea what to do now.
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

CSSE letter arrived this morning !
Can't wait for all these tests to be over ....... roll on Saturday week :D
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now