11+ just failed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
louise72

11+ just failed

Post by louise72 »

Hi found out today son failed by two marks his scores were 127 134 113 so only failed on last mark by 2 Headteacher did appeal but was not succesful. Has told me he will support me with parents appeal Can anybody help me
We are still very proud of him!!!!!!!!!
cindy

Post by cindy »

Those scores are fantastic.

My son had a heads appeal last yeartoo and did not get it, but did get through on formal appeal.

When the dust has settled, if it were me I would put together a list of acheivments, SAT's scores all the way through and predictive SAT'S
which you can get from your Headmaster.

did you put three Grammers?

Cindy
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Sally-Anne,Appeal Mum and Etienne are waiting for you and others who want advice in the appeal section. I have seen countless thank-you posts from people thanking these guys for their help and advice. Its a good place to start and like Cindy says they are great scores.
twinmum

Post by twinmum »

i dont know the twins results or scores yet but i do know that if they fail yet score that i will be very hopeful about an appeal.

our head told us in october that head teacher appeals are rarely a sucsess but that parent appeals are much more sucsessful and the school office told me on friday that if the outcome is a failure the head and our childrens teachers will offer us advice about appeals.good luck and well done to your son hes done brilliantly!!
louise72

just failed

Post by louise72 »

Hi many thanks cindy.twins and medway mum. I shall definately be seeking advice on appeals. Last report ie end of year 5 showed son getting level 5 maths 4 english 5 reading and 4 science. I shall be talking with school shortly to find out what his expected sats marks are but maths has always been sons strong point.

Thanks Louise
c'est la vie

Re: just failed

Post by c'est la vie »

louise72 wrote:Hi many thanks cindy.twins and medway mum. I shall definately be seeking advice on appeals. Last report ie end of year 5 showed son getting level 5 maths 4 english 5 reading and 4 science. I shall be talking with school shortly to find out what his expected sats marks are but maths has always been sons strong point.

Thanks Louise
Unfortunately, the 11+ is 'standardised' which means that it is not the individual child's score that counts as much as the scores of the rest of the cohort.

A comparison is then made and lines drawn on what constitutes a pass and a fail.

Your son might well have passed if he had taken the 11+ last year and got those results, or next year. Everything depends on the standards of all the children taking the 11+ in a particular year.