last minute doubt - any id/enrollment number to be carried?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
tweet85

last minute doubt - any id/enrollment number to be carried?

Post by tweet85 »

Dear all,

my dd will be taking the kent 2016 test and I would like to confirm if there is any id or enrollment number to be carried for exam?
Appreciate your response in advance.

Thanks.
salsa

Re: last minute doubt - any id/enrollment number to be carri

Post by salsa »

Are you from out of Kent? If so, no ID is required, but children must wear their school uniform. All children from the same school sit together.

I see your point as anybody could turn up to the exam pretending they are someone else! In this case, Kent children take the exam at school and non Kent children, home schooled and, I think, privately educated children take the test on Saturday. What about if children do not wear uniform at their primary?

You will be asked to provide your child's name at registration and you can take your letter with you.

Salsa
tweet85

Post by tweet85 »

Thanks a lot for the response.
We received a letter which is generic and does not specify any id to be carried. Anyways, will carry it for the exam day.

Kind regards.
memphis

Post by memphis »

salsa wrote:Are you from out of Kent? If so, no ID is required, but children must wear their school uniform. All children from the same school sit together.

I see your point as anybody could turn up to the exam pretending they are someone else! In this case, Kent children take the exam at school and non Kent children, home schooled and, I think, privately educated children take the test on Saturday. What about if children do not wear uniform at their primary?

You will be asked to provide your child's name at registration and you can take your letter with you.

Salsa
Ooc don't need to wear their school uniforms.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Oh, I thought it was odd as my eldest didn't need to wear his uniform three years ago. I'd better ask the council or the school to be on the safe side.

Edit:

The letter clearly says so, though. Maybe it's a new thing?
olucares

Post by olucares »

memphis wrote:
salsa wrote:Are you from out of Kent? If so, no ID is required, but children must wear their school uniform. All children from the same school sit together.

Salsa

they do. it says that on the letter.
memphis

Post by memphis »

olucares wrote:
memphis wrote:

Salsa

they do. it says that on the letter.
Is that a new policy introduced this year? If that's the case please disregard my previous comment as the past few years there's no requirement to wear their school uniforms.

Tbh I think it makes sense to have this new policy if it helps speed up the registration process.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Last year DD wore her own clothes, if they need to wear uniform this year it is a new development. DD was home educated for part of Y6 (not the term she did the test though) and it makes me think what about those who are home educated, they won't have a school uniform to wear. Minor detail and won't affect many children but I just have the question going round in my head.

It was quite helpful the children being in their own clothes as being in a strange school if you saw a school uniform you instantly knew they were a student volunteer helping out for the day and could ask them a question, not necessarily being instantly familiar with the uniform for the particular school we were taking the test at.
salsa

Post by salsa »

Hi all,

The council confirmed that school uniform must be worn.

Salsa
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now