Tumbleweed in Yorkshire..

Eleven Plus (11+) in Yorkshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mum-of-two

Tumbleweed in Yorkshire..

Post by mum-of-two »

With 11+ only a few weeks away I am surprised at how quiet this forum is. Does no-one in Yorkshire use this site.

I for one find it very helpful but I do wish there were more 'locals' to discuss issues and ideas with. The focus seems to be very London/South East and about schools irrelevant to me.

For those who are lurkers, please say hi and let me know you are out there, even if you have nothing to say!

For me, I dont have a DC sitting this Sept/Oct but will be next year so I am trying to stay ahead of the curve.

Mum-of-two
mum-of-two
Bigbirdcw

Re: Tumbleweed in Yorkshire..

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Yorkshire is generally very quiet. I have gone through the process twice for Heckmondwike and once more to come in 3 years time!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Nice to see some people in Yorkshire! - we don't get many posting on here :wink:

Which school are you going to be applying to next year?
Snowdrops

Post by Snowdrops »

There's the odd Yorkshirite about - and some of us are very odd :lol:

More westies about than northies, but us northies are a hardy bunch :o
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Another West Yorkshire girl here, unfortunately I'm in Reading, so know nothing about the schools.
mum-of-two

Post by mum-of-two »

Hi all and glad i am not quite alone...

I'll be looking at Crossley's/North Halifax but might also try for Heckmondwike (although a good way out of catchment). I appreciate that Heckmondwike is a different format though and I dont want to confuse DS so will think about that next year.
mum-of-two
Bigbirdcw

Post by Bigbirdcw »

Only a small proportion of students at Heckmondwike live within the catchment area - when my eldest passed only 37 of those who passed were in catchment or met one of the other criteria (all the others allocated on basis of test results), don't know whether the change in exam format has affected this.

I suspect the trek from Halifax may be a bit much though!
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

went from Keighley to Huddersfield t'other day via the scenic route. :shock: lots of traffic.
mitasol

Post by mitasol »

It would certainly be good to have some new voices in this section of the forum. :)
crazimum

Post by crazimum »

Hi all, another West Yorkshire mum here, we went through the 11plus last year and ds has just had his first week at Nhgs, still lurking as ds2 will do it in 2 years time!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now