Very quiet in Warwickshire!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ginx

Very quiet in Warwickshire!

Post by ginx »

Good luck to all dc for tomorrow.

I can't see anybody from Warwickshire, East or South - but I bet somebody is lurking ... :D

I'd love to hear any opinion of Rugby Free School, if anybody's dc has started there this week, now it is open.

Good luck to all do's too, who have to get through tomorrow and then wait for results and then allocated schools. It's a long process.
Bect1969

Re: Very quiet in Warwickshire!

Post by Bect1969 »

Yes - doesn't seem to be a lot of post for this year's 11+ - good luck for tomorrow for all DCs!
Mart13

Post by Mart13 »

Too busy lurking to type. Good luck everyone.
gemmalynne

Post by gemmalynne »

Good luck to all for tomorrow. Think I'm more stresses than my son. Finally it will be over ☺ Hoping for Lawrence Sherriff here.
cupcake19

Post by cupcake19 »

Good luck all, it's so quiet I've taken to reading the threads in other areas..

Feeling more nervous for tomorrow than I did when I collected my A level results...please tell me the wait for the results goes quickly once real life goes back to normal.

I too would be interested to hear any feedback from the Free School, as I don't think we will be doing the entrance test for Ashlawn (this may change)
nervousmom

Post by nervousmom »

Hi cupcake,

I'm sorry to say that time actually stopped moving during the wait for the results!! :?

My DD sat in Warwickshire last year but we chose a Birmingham school so we had my DD score shared between both Warks & Bham, which delayed our Bham letter coming through.

I spent a lot of time on this forum, in particular the Bham forum, where a group of us posted every day and the lighthearted banter kept us all going. :lol:

Good luck to your DC for tomorrow.
Gav123

Post by Gav123 »

Good luck to all DC tomorrow. My DS sat the exam last year and I can remember how stressful the whole procedure was, for all of us! The waiting was sometimes unbearable! I also used to regularly frequent the Birmingham forum for snippets of information as it was so quiet on here, especially in the Eastern area. Thankfully, DS got a place at Lawrence Sheriff and has really enjoyed his first week.

I have a couple of friends whose DC are at Rugby Free School and the feedback from them has been really positive. Small class sizes and new squeaky clean equipment appear to be real positives.

Fingers crossed your DC get the results they are hoping for :)
ginx

Post by ginx »

Hi, I hate sitting here waiting to collect my ds when he's finished the 11+.

I don't care whether he passes but he will be upset if his friends get higher scores than him.

Anybody know when we get the results in October?

My ds was a bit bothered yesterday (guess they all were). After a week of tests at school which ds found "easy" he has been demoted from the top table in maths (where he's been since reception) to two tables down. I wonder if this is because everyone else has had coaching. I wish he hadn't found out yesterday - although maybe of course that may make him try harder today and also, he really needs to learn pride comes before a fall and stop bragging so much.

My daughters have told me to stop going on about maths tables, there really is more to life ...

Ds was so pleased he came first in cross country though, he quickly forgot the maths situation. He's had lots of practice in the summer holidays, playing with friends ... or maybe he has learned to run fast to escape his mother nagging him to come and do some work :D

I hope they do well. Thanks, Gav123, for your positive comment about Rugby Free School, ds wants to go there if he doesn't get to Ashlawn. Lots of dc from his school have gone there.

I don't care about a pass, just a reasonable score. Why am I so stressed? Other parents looked ill with worry, so did some of the children, one was crying. I'm not quite that bad, although I am wondering if 1pm is too early for a large glass of wine or two :D
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

At the moment, it's never too early for a glass of wine! Just waiting too to pick up my ds (in a different region). I have mixed feelings - glad the whole process has started and will be over in 4 weeks (results day) but very nervous for ds. It felt so horrible sending him off this morning and he was clinging to my bag. I put on a cheery face and wished him luck but felt so nervous for him inside.
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

:D yeah..mostly quiet but results are due in 4 weeks time - my ds says the exam was easier than expected - we live locally in Stratford..
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now