Familiarisation Booklet For SET

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
workingmom

Familiarisation Booklet For SET

Post by workingmom »

Is there any familiarisation booklet available for SET ?

Could not find one on their website.

Not quite sure if Maths is all multiple choice or there is a mix of Standard and MC like in HBS ?

Also, they have mentioned in the email that Maths will be followed by English. Which would mean there are two separate papers. Will they provide a break in between ?
Ladymuck

Re: Familiarisation Booklet For SET

Post by Ladymuck »

No familiarisation booklet. First round is all mc. 2 papers, short break between with option to go to loo.
workingmom

Post by workingmom »

Thank you Ladymuck.

My daughter did attend the Sutton Mock which had standard format maths questions along with MC English.

But when I looked on this website, it said MC 1st round.

This was confusing.

I believe the mock was a mock for both 1st and 2nd round, assuming it was just for 1st round would be wrong.

Thanks.
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I think that the school websites are clear enough to be honest, and Sutton Mocks are also clear in what they try to provide. Very few children will sit SET and Henrietta Barnet due to the distances involved, but I guess if people are going a fair distance and sitting multiple schools then there is a risk that they'll be less clear on format. Both SET papers are multiple choice, and then some of the schools set standard papers for the second round.
workingmom

Post by workingmom »

Sorry am I am bit confused on how the people sitting from far places makes any difference to a format of a paper being MC or Standard.

However, thanks for replying to my question. I get it now.
Wimbles

Post by Wimbles »

Hi workingmom, I believe the mocks for Wallington and Sutton were both multiple choice formats. :?:
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

The first Sutton mock was m/c English and standard format maths. The SET on Weds is multiple choice for both papers I believe.