Sutton SET

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bambina

Sutton SET

Post by bambina »

I just wondered if anybody else has heard where their child will be doing the SET on Wednesday?

Is it just me, or is it incredibly quiet on this forum at the moment? Where has everybody gone? Are you all doing last minute cramming and revision? Are you all suffering from pre-exam stress? :shock: :D :shock:

All the best, to all those taking the exam on Wednesday!
soys

Re: Sutton SET

Post by soys »

Hi Bambino,

A lot of the parents in DS's school got informed via an email yesterday and so did I. Children are allocated a school (gender based of course) closest to their home I think.

If you haven't heard by Monday morning, you should ask I think.

All the Best!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I was allocated the furthest school! But you'll be given a session time as well.

Do allow plenty of time to get there. The roads will be packed and the queue to register can be long.
Grk

Post by Grk »

Hi all,
Can anybody pls tell me what's the format for wallington test? I know there is maths and English. Is it CEM based or GL ?
Thank u very much
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

It is written by the schools so neither CEM or GL. The maths will be fairly similar to GL though. The English has comprehensions, cloze, vocab and SPAG questions, so you could use both GL and CEM material but the timings/format will be different (eg 2 comprehensions of 10-12 questions rather than GL's 25 marker).
piggymom

Post by piggymom »

Hello, my DD is going to do the Sutton test on Wed as well, really don't have time to practise after the school starts as she seems to be so tired after a full active day... well... and the test center is so far for us. Will be at least 45 min on the road...
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

Well my strong advice will be do not underestimate the amount of time you will need to park and get into the school. The streets will be heaving and you need to plan somewhere you can park which should be some distance from the school. Police will be out ready to ticket.
godot

Post by godot »

Yes it is very quiet Bambina and I am certainly stressed!!I have just realised you need to colour the little circles on the multiple choice answer sheet and not draw lines through them.
Another thing for DD to remember.!!
Does anybody know how many questions in the English SET? I have heard 70. Is that right? And 50 in the Maths?
PurpleDuck

Post by PurpleDuck »

Ladymuck wrote:Well my strong advice will be do not underestimate the amount of time you will need to park and get into the school. The streets will be heaving and you need to plan somewhere you can park which should be some distance from the school. Police will be out ready to ticket.
That's very true - best to arrive early. We did SET in Wilson's last year, the afternoon slot, and the congestion was unbelievable - not only in the immediate vicinity of the school. There were a few angry residents who were unable to leave their driveways as they were blocked in by parents dropping off for the SET. Bear in mind that there are a couple (I think) of primary schools close to Wilson's and their usual drop-off/pick-up traffic is still there. Allow plenty of time to get there and assume it may take you some time before you are able to drive off if you go by car.

On a different note - the forecast for Wednesday is another hot day, so please make sure DCs have enough water with them. Good luck to everyone sitting the SET. :)
It felt like I hit rock bottom; suddenly, there was knocking from beneath... (anon.)
mausam1

Post by mausam1 »

PurpleDuck wrote:
Ladymuck wrote:Well my strong advice will be do not underestimate the amount of time you will need to park and get into the school. The streets will be heaving and you need to plan somewhere you can park which should be some distance from the school. Police will be out ready to ticket.
That's very true - best to arrive early. We did SET in Wilson's last year, the afternoon slot, and the congestion was unbelievable - not only in the immediate vicinity of the school. There were a few angry residents who were unable to leave their driveways as they were blocked in by parents dropping off for the SET. Bear in mind that there are a couple (I think) of primary schools close to Wilson's and their usual drop-off/pick-up traffic is still there. Allow plenty of time to get there and assume it may take you some time before you are able to drive off if you go by car.

On a different note - the forecast for Wednesday is another hot day, so please make sure DCs have enough water with them. Good luck to everyone sitting the SET. :)

Agree with Purple. Dropped my DD for the morning session and it does feel that using public transport is the best option if you can, although given the temp, its best to take adequate care as well and lots of water.

All the best to everyone who are giving SET today
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now