CCHS - how many

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
ypkr

CCHS - how many

Post by ypkr »

Does anyone know how many attended to CCHS last Saturday exam ?

As far as I know, there are 4 exam halls. DD told me that there are around 50 pupils in her room. Not sure if it is same in other rooms. There are just 2 sessions for the day - Morning and afternoon session.

I am trying to predict the count, compared to last year, which was 900+
littlemissm

Re: CCHS - how many

Post by littlemissm »

We were afternoon and I waited across the road when Dad picked her up so I seen the queue on the pavement and it didn't seem overly busy, I was quite surprised. Unless there were less sitting it in the afternoon?
pure76

Post by pure76 »

Hi, We know one of the girls at CCHS that helped set up the rooms for the Saturday tests the day before and she said some of the teachers were saying they were expecting just under 1000 girls for the exam on Saturday and they had got many of the girls to help out with setting up.
However, not sure how accurate this figure is.....
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

This probably won't cheer you up, but don't forget that some of the girls sitting the exam at other centres such as WCHS will have their raw scores standardised with those of the girls sitting at Chelmsford.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
MmeOgg

Post by MmeOgg »

CCHS use all sorts of rooms for the exam, including the halls and various classrooms.
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

my daughter said they were told that around 600 girls sat the exam on Saturday..... not sure how true.
ypkr

Post by ypkr »

Hi Toadmum,

I think I haven't understood what you meant. You mean CCHS CEM has other centers ?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

ypkr wrote:Hi Toadmum,

I think I haven't understood what you meant. You mean CCHS CEM has other centers ?
No, the school itself doesn't, but girls taking the same test on the same day at other schools are also able to register with CCHS to have their raw scores included in the 'CCHS cohort', to give them a score for applying to CCHS with. Similarly, girls sitting the exam at Chelmsford may also have registered with other schools, to be able to get a standardised score for those. I believe from another poster's comment that the CCHS registration form asks whether your DD will actually be sitting the test at the school or at Woodford County? The parent information on the various schools' websites explains the process.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
ypkr

Post by ypkr »

I got your point.
But pupil staying out of 12.5 miles radius get counted for o/c seats, which could be from any where in England, considering that they have registered on CCHS site and registered to sit for exam else where.
While registering I did see the following schools that have same CEM exam on 10th September:
* Latymer
* Reading School
* Kendrick School
* Chelmsford/Woodford
* Herschal Grammar school
* Langley Grammar school
* Upton Court Grammar school
Registering in any of the centers, it will ask for where you want to sit.

But, pupil who write elsewhere I dont think they write there eventhough they are i/c for Chelmsford - unless they like their DD to travel long way :o
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

No, I doubt that anyone who is in catchment for CCHS would choose to go and sit the exam anywhere else, but any of the girls sitting the exam at any of the other schools listed could register at CCHS to have their score shared with that school (or possibly register with all of them and get a standardised score in every area, what the heck :lol: ). So the actual 'number sitting the exam for CCHS' could be a few / several / hundreds more than the girls who physically sat the exam at that school - and the same for any of the others

Whether they have a feline in Hades' chance of being allocated a place at some of them as an OOC applicant (as opposed to candidate), is another matter, but their score will be included in the mean and standard deviation when the standardised scores are calculated for each school they opted to 'share' with.