CCHS - CEM 10 Sept.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

seriousmum

CCHS - CEM 10 Sept.

Post by seriousmum »

Hi all, I appreciate that we probably aren't allowed to go into specifics, particularly if there is a reserve date for another exam.

Just wondering how everyone's DD found the exam today?

Mine said it was "moderate"; better than she was expecting... she did look traumatised when she walked out though!
littlemissm

Re: CCHS - CEM 10 Sept.

Post by littlemissm »

DD said it was medium .... but I have no idea what she is benchmarking it against, she is too busy singing and dancing to give any more details ! :lol:
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

that's a good sign if she's in high spirits :lol:
littlemissm

Post by littlemissm »

Dad picked her up from CCHS and said she was ok. I think she is just very glad it is finished and seems to be looking forward to next Saturday lunchtime when the CSSE test will also be out of the way.
sg896

Post by sg896 »

Hi ladies,

My daughter was there today. She was so nervous and hasn't slept properly all week. I felt sick when I left her there!!! I barely remember taking my 11+ so hopefully she is not permanently traumatised!!

She said she found it fairly easy and that really worries me!! She said she missed out two maths questions as she ran out of time, and a couple from VR and NVR too.

It is going to be a longggggggggggg wait for the results :roll: :roll: :roll:

Good luck to everyone x
pure76

Post by pure76 »

Hi,

Ive also had the same thoughts, my daughter thought the exam was okay and she didn't feel too stressed.....also used the words 'not as hard as I thought it would be, but was hardish'. she said she finished all the questions.

So, now thinking.....was it really that way?????

Results ........aaaarghhhhh

Yes, it will be a long wait, but do believe my dd did her best for the exam and she could not have done anymore than that and I am so super proud of her for the way she has handled this whole 11 plus prep. With maturity, calmness and had truly surpassed my expectations of her in that in one year she has gone from hating maths to really enjoying and understanding it.

I'm so proud of her and all our DC's that go on this journey year after year and also us parents that go through it with them. I don't think I would have been able to do as much if it wasn't for being inspired by my daughters keenness to want to learn and seeing her tackle things that were out of her comfort zone....yes, some bits have been tough and at times it was very daunting and extremely hard, but they have easily been forgotten and below are just some of the good things we are remembering which helps us stay positive whilst waiting for the results.

For me this journey has brought me even closer to my daughter than before and we have both enjoyed reading together, having spelling/maths competitions together with the loser making/getting the snacks, watching old classics adaptations as part of a movie night, the list goes on.

amyway, I digress, good luck and fingers crossed for the results. Either way I am very happy with my dd and super proud of her. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
seriousmum

Post by seriousmum »

pure76 wrote:Hi,

Ive also had the same thoughts, my daughter thought the exam was okay and she didn't feel too stressed.....also used the words 'not as hard as I thought it would be, but was hardish'. she said she finished all the questions.

So, now thinking.....was it really that way?????

Results ........aaaarghhhhh

Yes, it will be a long wait, but do believe my dd did her best for the exam and she could not have done anymore than that and I am so super proud of her for the way she has handled this whole 11 plus prep. With maturity, calmness and had truly surpassed my expectations of her in that in one year she has gone from hating maths to really enjoying and understanding it.

I'm so proud of her and all our DC's that go on this journey year after year and also us parents that go through it with them. I don't think I would have been able to do as much if it wasn't for being inspired by my daughters keenness to want to learn and seeing her tackle things that were out of her comfort zone....yes, some bits have been tough and at times it was very daunting and extremely hard, but they have easily been forgotten and below are just some of the good things we are remembering which helps us stay positive whilst waiting for the results.

For me this journey has brought me even closer to my daughter than before and we have both enjoyed reading together, having spelling/maths competitions together with the loser making/getting the snacks, watching old classics adaptations as part of a movie night, the list goes on.

amyway, I digress, good luck and fingers crossed for the results. Either way I am very happy with my dd and super proud of her. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Beautifully said....
sg896

Post by sg896 »

Absolutely. Well said.

We took my daughter out Saturday night to celebrate her efforts as we are so proud.

Today she came home from school and said she had 'smashed algebra' thanks to our 11+ practise!!! So it was worthwhile even if she hasn't passed.

Thank goodness our girls can relax for now X
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now