Lawrence Sheriff School - Distance

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
richukuk

Lawrence Sheriff School - Distance

Post by richukuk »

Hello,

I understand from reading the admissions policy of Lawrence Sheriff School that there is an inner and outer area for admissions. Does it matter how far within the area you are from the school for admission? We are planning a move to east Warwickshire anyway and wondered if the distance will affects our child's chances of qualifying based on how far we will live from the school (probably about 3 miles away in the inner area) or is it purely just based on the score he achieves?

Many thanks!
Rugbymumto2

Re: Lawrence Sheriff School - Distance

Post by Rugbymumto2 »

The rugby high policy is

Where there is a need to split any category places will then be offered in accordance with distance between the child’s home and school (shortest distance = highest priority). ). Distance will be calculated by straight line measurement from the address point location coordinate of the applicant’s home address (as set by the Ordnance Survey) to the centre point (‘centroid’) of the school. All distances are subject to changes which may occur with updates of mapping data. This applies equally to those living inside and outside the county’s boundary.

I heard that last year those that tied on score at Lawrence Sherriff were interviewed for the places, however this is second or third hand news so I am not sure how accurate it is.
ToadMum

Re: Lawrence Sheriff School - Distance

Post by ToadMum »

richukuk wrote:Hello,

I understand from reading the admissions policy of Lawrence Sheriff School that there is an inner and outer area for admissions. Does it matter how far within the area you are from the school for admission? We are planning a move to east Warwickshire anyway and wondered if the distance will affects our child's chances of qualifying based on how far we will live from the school (probably about 3 miles away in the inner area) or is it purely just based on the score he achieves?

Many thanks!
Not in your area, but, delving into the admissions info on their website, within each category it's score order, then distance for a tie, then random selection if a further tie (presumably for the last place same score, same distance).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now