Bucks bus services

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Ktcroucher0607

Bucks bus services

Post by Ktcroucher0607 »

Hi,

Does anyone know if there are school bus services from Chalfont St Peter to;

Challoners High School
Beaconsfield High School
Chesham Grammar School

Thanks
Guest55

Re: Bucks bus services

Post by Guest55 »

Have you looked at the Bucks website:

http://www.buckscc.gov.uk/education/sch ... transport/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Scroll down for Secondary.
Ktcroucher0607

Post by Ktcroucher0607 »

Yes I had a look and it does show a 'bus stop' but when I go on the bus companies website for costs etc the service is not there.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

It won't be because it is not a public service - you apply via the LA for a place.
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Bucks paid for transport (for Bucks residents) is currently £570 per child - go to the paid for transport section on the link Guest posted. They will only provide free transport to your closest school (even if that school is neither catchment or grammar!!). My guess would be that the costs will go up in September.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

kittymum wrote:Bucks paid for transport (for Bucks residents) is currently £570 per child - go to the paid for transport section on the link Guest posted. They will only provide free transport to your closest school (even if that school is neither catchment or grammar!!). My guess would be that the costs will go up in September.
And they will pay for travel to your closest school only if it is more than 3 miles away!
scary mum
BucksBornNBred

Post by BucksBornNBred »

scary mum wrote:
kittymum wrote:Bucks paid for transport (for Bucks residents) is currently £570 per child - go to the paid for transport section on the link Guest posted. They will only provide free transport to your closest school (even if that school is neither catchment or grammar!!). My guess would be that the costs will go up in September.
And they will pay for travel to your closest school only if it is more than 3 miles away!
Also, if your nearest school is less than 3 miles away but the walk is unsafe (eg. no footpaths) then they will provide free transport.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

What of you don't fit the criteria of going to the nearest school? Can you still apply for school transport? Obviously I'm expecting to pay for it.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Yes - see the link above.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks