How hard was the maths for AGSB test today?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
wangxiaosara

How hard was the maths for AGSB test today?

Post by wangxiaosara »

My DS was in the AGSB's exam today, he came out was quite upset said the maths was letting him down. He said he runned out of time and guessed the last 5 questions. He also wasn't sure about the accuracy for the rest. As maths has always been his strongest, so it was quite hard for him to take. He said the maths was the last test and he was really tired after 3 sessions before that. My hart goes out for him, he has been worked so hard. Finger crossed, hopefully it's not as bad as he thought.
Brainfreeze

Re: How hard was the maths for AGSB test today?

Post by Brainfreeze »

Hi Wangxiaosara,

My DS took the exam last year and said exactly the same thing. My reaction was exactly the same as yours. Was dumbstruck for about 5 minutes since he had done so well on the GL Ass practice papers we had done.

He ended up passing and his maths score was excellent. I think you have to have faith in his practice paper scores - if he performed well on them, then trust that he has probably done well on the actual exam.

If you scroll back to the topics that were posted around this time last year, you will find that a lot of DS struggled with the maths last year. I would hazard a guess that this is the case this year too.

All is not lost! Good luck.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now