When are the results due?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
workerbee

When are the results due?

Post by workerbee »

Has anyone got a clue when AGBS are posting the results out - mid October is very vague.
Sally-Anne

Re: When are the results due?

Post by Sally-Anne »

Sale GS website says results are being posted first-class on Friday 14th October, so AGSB will be the same date.
Mandy21

Post by Mandy21 »

It wasn't the same date last year for Sale and AGSB last year - AGSB arrived on Friday morning (so posted out Thursday). SGS / AGSG / St Ambrose (and Loreto I think) all arrived on the Saturday morning (so posted out on the Friday).
spacechimp

Post by spacechimp »

Saint Ambrose have written and said that the results will be posted in the week commencing 17th October.
I thought AGSB mentioned that they would update their website to let us know when to expect their results but maybe I dreamt that.
It's going to be an anxious 3-4 weeks :?
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Try to keep calm and carry on a watched pot never boils.

Can't think of any more cliches :lol:

It only gets worse come gcse's ,A levels,university applications...........and believe me it soon comes along.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Well, I must say, yow lot(a midland lass)are very calm :D

Welldone-Trafford folks have a hard choice-selective schools-or schools where the top 30% are stripped put-no choice at all, really.

Wishing all my neighbours the best of luck.
Pinecone

Post by Pinecone »

Catseye wrote:Well, I must say, yow lot(a midland lass)are very calm :D

Welldone-Trafford folks have a hard choice-selective schools-or schools where the top 30% are stripped put-no choice at all, really.

Wishing all my neighbours the best of luck.
Hi Catseye

Just wondering what you mean by the above?

Are you suggesting that having the top 30% were 'stripped out' is detrimental to the children at the non grammar schools? Aren't all (most) of the secondary schools in Trafford good(outstanding according to some Offsted reports) and the children are streamed and taught in sets related to academic ability? If you are in a class with children of similar ability, does it matter that there is not another class full of children brighter than you?

Also, don't think that the top 30% from Trafford are 'stripped out' any more. Like we have both said in previous posts, the grammar schools aren't local schools any more so less local children than in the past go there. I think with the introduction of CEM, even less local girls went to Sale/AGGS this year (will be interesting to see the stats for next year now that Stretford and Urmston have gone down that route also).

At least the non selective secondary schools are full of local children and pupils have local friends. Provided that they are as well funded as the grammar schools, the teaching is as good and they are streamed/in an environment geared to learning (whether they wish to follow an academic or apprenticeship type path), they can still succeed.

The only worry is that the non selective schools are getting fuller because less local children get in to the grammar schools. That's why most are over subscribed, extra classes above PAN are added and North Cestrian has become state funded.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

You are right that most Trafford Secondary Moderns(that's what they are) do well when comparing nationally this is because of the demographics of Trafford as one of the most affluent areas outside the S.E.

The reason North Cestrian became a free state school is because it was financially struggling it had spent a fortune on a science block and then could not service its debt.

In my personal opinion if my children could not have got into selective schools(state or private) I would have tried for either Lymm or Knutsford High then any of the Trafford Secondary Modern schools.

For every grammar school there are 3 modern secondaries,there has to be by definition. Sorry my children or anyone else's for that matter should not be treated as second class citizens .
Pinecone

Post by Pinecone »

That might have been the reason North Cestrian wanted to become state funded but it wouldn't have happened unless there was a need for more state secondary school places in the area and so it was mutually beneficial.

Why do you think Knutsford and Lymm are better than Ashton or Wellington? I understand that Ashton has repeated 'outstanding' Ofsted inspections and their best ever GCSE results.

I'm afraid you've lost me re your last sentence though?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now