Application process

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Ktcroucher0607

Application process

Post by Ktcroucher0607 »

Hi, I live in Hertfordshire but will be including Challoners High School and Beaconsfield High School in our school selections, can anyone advise if in addition to the On line application do we need to also make a paper application direct to the school also (like we do in Hertfordshire) ?

Thanks for any advice !
Guest55

Re: Application process

Post by Guest55 »

I don't think so - have you checked their admission policies and that you are close enough?

http://beta.buckscc.gov.uk/moving-up-to ... apply-for/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Ktcroucher0607 wrote:Hi, I live in Hertfordshire but will be including Challoners High School and Beaconsfield High School in our school selections, can anyone advise if in addition to the On line application do we need to also make a paper application direct to the school also (like we do in Hertfordshire) ?

Thanks for any advice !
All schools in Herts?? Gosh.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Ktcroucher0607

Post by Ktcroucher0607 »

Thanks ! I was worried I missed something ! In Herts you have to complete a paper based form for each school which you have to hand in to the specific school. Dr Challoners is our second nearest school, I didn't think we were within catchment but at the open evening we were advised that the catchment area has been widened and covers the cross border part of Herts, also based on historic applications from Herts they are allocated places.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

I'm not sure that catchment has changed, but the allocations may have gone out further. At the top of the Bucks section there is a table of how far the allocations have gone historically. The current distances are straight line distances.
scary mum
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Which schools in Hertfordshire do you need to make a paper application to the school?

Are you perhaps mixing state schools with private schools?

All schools I know of in Herts only accept online applications. DG
mof3

Post by mof3 »

All the schools in the SW Herts consortium need a paper form called the SIF to be filled in and sent back to the individual school in addition to listing them on the online CAF form. In my experience, it is only SW Herts school that require this. Bucks grammar schools definitely don't.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

How odd. What is on the SIF that they need in addition to the CAF? DG
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

Are you sure you're not thinking of faith schools?

The only Bucks school I have heard of needing a seperate form is the Khalsa Sikh Secondary Academy, which is a non-Grammar, as it wants to know levels of adherence to Sikh or other faith.

St Bernards' Catholic Grammar also has a supplementary paper form (signed by one': Priest/vicar/rabbi/iman/whoever, but that's part of Slough Consortium, not Bucks.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

DCGS and Waddesdon also require an additional form; you need to check here:

https://services.buckscc.gov.uk/school- ... ns/schools" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now