Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Shevek

RGS or Fort Pitt for OOC

Post by Shevek »

DD passed with a score of 551

We are OOC, near Longfield.

For ease of travel Chatham Station for Fort Pitt is on the same line as Longfield so would be an easier journey but reading the over-subscription criteria, it is catchment based.

RGS is score based only.

So, a couple of questions:

1) Given our distance, is it even worth considering Fort Pitt?

2) Is DDs score high enough for RGS?

TIA

Shevek
olucares

Re: RGS or Fort Pitt for OOC

Post by olucares »

Shevek wrote:DD passed with a score of 551

We are OOC, near Longfield.

For ease of travel Chatham Station for Fort Pitt is on the same line as Longfield so would be an easier journey but reading the over-subscription criteria, it is catchment based.

RGS is score based only.

So, a couple of questions:

1) Given our distance, is it even worth considering Fort Pitt?

2) Is DDs score high enough for RGS?

TIA

Shevek

I wouldn't advise you pick Fort Pitt as you are too far out.

I think you will be ok for RGS.
Shevek

Post by Shevek »

Thank you olucares, that is the conclusion we have been coming to, just wanted some other opinions. Image
Janniebabe

Post by Janniebabe »

I wont advice you take Fort Pitt as 1st choice cos it is distance based. RGS is score based, we live in Essex. my DD score 625 and she got into Rochester automatically but Fort Pitt placed her on waiting list till date. Though we moved to Medway Few weeks now.
Good luck
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Janniebabe wrote:I wont advice you take Fort Pitt as 1st choice cos it is distance based. RGS is score based, we live in Essex. my DD score 625 and she got into Rochester automatically but Fort Pitt placed her on waiting list till date. Though we moved to Medway Few weeks now.
Good luck
If Fort Pitt is your genuine first choice school, then you should put it as your highest preference on your CAF. It doesn't affect your chance of getting a place at any other school, you may find that in fact this year you are within the distance to which places are offered and even if not, your DD will be on the waiting list. Going on the waiting list for a school you ranked below the one you are offered is not automatic and in some areas you would have to go to appeal to be considered for a place. (I have no idea what the situation is re that in Kent / Medway).

Your LEA tells you to list schools on your CAF in your true order of preference for a reason...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now