Can I get selective result reviewed?

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Ernie

Can I get selective result reviewed?

Post by Ernie »

I don't want to sound like a pushy/biased parent but I truly believe my Sons EW paper has been marked incorrectly.
He passed the eleven plus so it isn't possible to appeal/review however is there a way i can get the paper looked at again?
I know EW is subjective and with the short time scale isn't moderated.
EW paper was [Edited by moderator] - he told me he wrote at least a page and a half, done introduction arguments for and against then a conclusion/summary, content and vocabulary sounded very good.
His friend misread question and wrote a story about [Edited by moderator] and scored higher whilst another went to pieces and only wrote 12 lines and also scored higher?
Please advise if it is possible to ask for a review on successful paper or for the paper to be looked at again and if so how do I go about this.
Thank you so much in advance
Etienne

Re: Can I get selective result reviewed?

Post by Etienne »

Welcome! :)

I'm afraid that what can be done with regard to a re-mark or check depends on the individual Admission Authority.

See:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appeal ... cation#b55" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
Ernie

Post by Ernie »

Thank you ... I will contact our local admissions team. All the appeals q&a relate to those who haven't gained pass mark no information for those that have.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

All the appeals q&a relate to those who haven't gained pass mark no information for those that have.
Not all - but certainly most. They are used to such requests normally being made in the context of a possible appeal.

B55 makes the point that what an individual authority will or won't do in this matter is at its discretion.
Etienne