passed 11+ but no grammar

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

moved

passed 11+ but no grammar

Post by moved »

My friend put Wrotham first and then Maidstone second. She did not hold out much hope of her son passing the 11+. She has now received her letter stating that he is of a suitable level for grammar school, but that she has been allocated her first place school of Wrotham. Is there any way around this?
appealdad

Post by appealdad »

Best to contact KCC in the first instance. Not sure if still applies but you used to be able to go via 'Reallocation' ie filling in a form and asking for a lower CAF placed school instead of the one that you have been allocated. You are in effect rejecting the first offer so presumably you run the risk of not having a school place.

In addition, you can appeal to MGS.....

Easy with hindsight but it would have been best to put the GS first as there is no first preference rule.....
moved

Post by moved »

Thanks appeal dad, I willl pass this on.
page

11 + passed no grammar given

Post by page »

My child passed exam for herschel grammar in Slough scoring 111 which was the pass mark. Received letter from council offering the comp school. Very upset on this outcome and my first experience with 11 + has been not so good.

My child will be giong to a normal school even though she has passed grammar exam and it was our first choice
:cry: