11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tomcruise

Next week this time

Post by Tomcruise »

Super excited to know the results.
JUSTPOPPY

Re: Next week this time

Post by JUSTPOPPY »

Me too, although very nervous as well. Was so relieved for DS getting the exam out of the way but now can't stop thinking about the results. He's pretty nervous about it too. So many what ifs....
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

I know I cant wait its such a stressful time waiting for the results , only a week to go
pure76

Post by pure76 »

I cant believe its only a week to go.

The days have flown by for us......my dd has been making up for lost time doing all the activities she didn't have time to do whilst doing the 11 plus prep, ice skating, dance classes, netball club, catching up with the new series of Next Step and I Carly (is it just me that cannot stand either of those programmes?) and for me back to taxiing to various clubs after school.

I have tried to get her to just spend the time enjoying doing nothing and to enjoy the break, however she has said she has been so used to having the 11 plus prep and now its over, she feels she has too much time with not much to do other than homework. Are others finding their DC's saying the same things?

Fingers crossed for all parents and their DC's awaiting results next week and hope you all get the results you are hoping for.
I think what will be a challenge for me is deciding whether or not to look at the results before my DD or let her see them first. She has asked that she be the one to open the email/letter to see her results herself, and then there is OUR REACTION (parents), Worse case, I need to be prepared for the result not being as we hoped and will have to try and not let that show in my face as my daughter is quite sensitive to that and I know she will look at my face for a reaction. POKER FACE comes to mind. I am proud of her for all that she has done and all the hard work she has put in and confident that she will do well, but as a human trait, cant help it would naturally be disappointed if the results were not as we had hoped. More for her as she wants to go to a certain GS and this 11 plus journey and the hope for that school originated from her and I as a parent did my bit by supporting her and ensuring she was well prepared and stood the best chance she could have.
She is pretty flexible and does make the best of every situation and would thrive equally as well in any school that she goes to.
I am looking forward to reading all your good news posts next week and hearing all the lovely accounts of your childrens reactions upon first seeing their results and also in general just celebrating the hard work all our children have put in, no matter what the outcome. Our children are all super stars :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
11minus

Post by 11minus »

I will check the result myself online but will not reveal to anybody till he comes back from school and open the letter himself
ghosty

Post by ghosty »

great post pure76, am relating to a lot of that over the past weeks.

parenting dilemma at the moment as you say is whether to let DS open the letter, or mentally prepare ourselves beforehand by looking first. still not decided which way to go. DS did say early on that she was wanted to open the letter and that you shouldn't open other peoples mail, lol. i did respond by saying that it would most probably be addressed to the parents/guardians of... to give us the option..
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

This was us a couple of years ago. There is no way I could have let dd open the envelope herself. Luckily it didn't seem to occur to her to ask. I totally needed to be able to arrange my face appropriately if it was not good news. I am impressed that other people manage it!
ayesha11

Post by ayesha11 »

I am thinking of checking the results online just so I can prepare and be very positive what ever the result is when he opens the letter. Yes my lovely DS has already said I am not allowed to open his letter
KB

Post by KB »

In many ways I think it's harder for the children now. Under the old system you waited till allocation day and then found out which school you were going to.
It was still a big deal if you didn't get a place at GS but there wasn't the same focus on scores.

The wait to get any kind of results was longer but then it was settled more quickly. There is mu H more focus now on comparing results with others. In the past many children didn't ever know their scores - there was no cause to tell them. Although there was perhaps more focus on ranked place.

Having been through it several times I sill find it horrible that they are coping with this at their age.
Mci

Post by Mci »

Hello everybody!

We are in the same position, counting the days to Tuesday and getting so nervous about it...

Does anybody know when schools find the results?
I have read on the forum that in other regions schools would find earlier than parents. Any ideas?

Thank you!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now