Preparation and Perseverance

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now

Preparation and Perseverance

Post by Guest »

My Daughther is going to year 6 in September and will be doing the 11+ exams in October, she is determined to get into a Grammar school and has spent the whole of her Summer Holidays going to 11+ summer school in East London- (From Kent where we live)
She will be doing 4 exams altogether to get into the various selective schools she has selected to go into btw October and January next year

We started a bit late (actually it was a wake up call from my Mother in Law who was a teacher that did the trick) cos she was a telly major- (CARTOON NETWORK) but since she started this extra tuition (goes on Saturdays during school term) and Sat school, we have seen a tremedeous change in her

we are 110% confident that at the stage she is at , she will get into one of the selective schools she has selected for herself

I guess what i am trying to say is that Practice and Perserverance makes perfect plus sheer determination by the child him/herself, and 110% support from BOTH parents too,

I just want to encourage Parents that its never too late but you BOTH have to be in it too FOR THE LONG HAUL...........

School Selection

Post by Guest »

[quote="Anonymous"]My Daughther is going to year 6 in September and will be doing the 11+ exams in October, she is determined to get into a Grammar school and has spent the whole of her Summer Holidays going to 11+ summer school to which i commend her for

We started a bit late but with these extra lessons we have seen her get better and better at these tests, always scoring 90 per cent and above at all of them

what i want to know is if you choose all the selective schools in your area (i gather you have to choose 6 schools) and she makes the cut off for all of them but is given the school she doesnt really want to go to (say for example the school she really wants to go to is over subcribed)

what should we do?

Post by Guest »

:D :lol: :wink: 8)
YOU should count your lucky stars that she is good and take whatever they offer her i am sure it will be good

I envy you though, what are you doing that the rest of us are not doing?????????

Post by Guest »

:D
if i was in your shoes i will take anything they offer since you choose them you know they are very good

Post by Guest »

which summer school does your daugther go to? is it too late to enrol mine?

they spent the whole summer holidays swapping holiday destinations and tv channels

We thought since they were on holidays we should leave them alone for now and get at them towards the time- not a wise move now i can see