LRGS preparation

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Dixechick1975

Re: LRGS preparation

Post by Dixechick1975 »

hermanmunster wrote:Great news Dixiechick! :D
Thank you. So glad the wait is over, has been the longest 2 weeks of my life!
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Primrosejo wrote:We passed too! CRGS! Our letter says the same as above. We are in area so def have a place! Yipeeeee! Do you know if they release details of how they performed?
Very well done to your daughter. As far as I know they don't so they all start on an equal footing.
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

That's fab news dixiechick and primrosejo. You must both be very proud and relieved that it is all over and DC can now get on with enjoying year 6.
tsl

Post by tsl »

Congratulations to dixiechick and Primrosejo! :P Wonderful news!
Dixechick1975

Post by Dixechick1975 »

Thank you Mumski and tsl. Glad there has been a thread on here whilst we all waited.
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

For those who may be interested to know in the future and following on from a previous discussion on this thread I can confirm that LRGS do offer places right up to the end of December. My son started at LRGS in Sept and apparently he has four new class mates since they went back after Christmas. According to him there were 3 places not filled by kids who just didn't turn up in Sept and one child started but has already left. I think these places will have been filled from the original waiting list.

About to start the whole roller coaster again now with DS2.
givemehope

Post by givemehope »

Hello,
My DS has been offered a place in LRGS .He will be starting this september in year 8. Since we live some distance away, he will be boarding. Any mums on this forum whose boys are boarding at LRGS as well?
Though I am impressed with the facilities that the school has to offer, but since it is our first time, I am very nervous of my son living so far.
thx
givemehope

Post by givemehope »

hi all,
Any LRGS mums on this forum?
Mumski

Post by Mumski »

Hi Givemehope

Im afraid the Lancashire and Cumbria board is relatively quiet but there are a few like me who seem to come on now and again. Congratulations to your DS on being offered a place at LRGS. I'm sure your son will be very happy. My son is currently in year 7 so will be the same year as your son if he joins year 8 in September.

I also have DS2 who will be taking the 11+ in September and hoping to start year 7 in Sept 19 (fingers crossed).
DS1 is not a boarder but he has many friends who are and they seem to enjoy it. In fact in some ways they have an advantage over DS who has to travel the best part of an hour to get to school and back by being on site.

I have been very impressed with the school so far. DS1 settled quite easily and seems to fit in very well, obviously this is a very personal thing and can be dependant on the boy's personality. However I do think the school have enabled this by being open to regular communication and by being responsive to emails. His form tutor is fab and seems to really care about the boys in her form. The school have a strong focus on sports and DS1 has enjoyed getting to grips with rugby which he had never done before and he is now looking forward to cricket over the spring and summer.

Feel free to ask any questions and I will do my best to answer although I don't have experience of what its like to be a boarder I may be able to help with other queries.
Bethanyo

Post by Bethanyo »

Hi. My DS is hoping to pass his 11+ this year. He has been involved with Inspirus and went to the open day yesterday. What advice have you got to help him prepare?

He’s been working through his practice papers and scoring between 65-75% - his teacher has been adding “well done” comments but it seems like a low score to me. So far he has been doing them on his own but yesterday I did one with him in the hope that showing him examples of how to work things out, and explaining some words were that he hadn’t come across before will help him when he completes papers on his own.

He has his heart set on LRGS and his school have been saying for years that it’s the right place for him. He will be devastated if he doesn’t get in.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now