Online CAF for London boroughs do not list CSSE schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Marupa

Online CAF for London boroughs do not list CSSE schools

Post by Marupa »

Hi all,

I live in Dagenham and eagerly waiting for CSSE results on Tuesday. However I notice theat the online CAF form which Barking and Dagenham (and other 22 London boroughs) use do not list the CSSE schools. I am not even sure if the local council accepts paper forms anymore , if any has done this before, can u please shed some light
TIA
ToadMum

Re: Online CAF for London boroughs do not list CSSE schools

Post by ToadMum »

Marupa wrote:Hi all,

I live in Dagenham and eagerly waiting for CSSE results on Tuesday. However I notice theat the online CAF form which Barking and Dagenham (and other 22 London boroughs) use do not list the CSSE schools. I am not even sure if the local council accepts paper forms anymore , if any has done this before, can u please shed some light
TIA
You can apply to anywhere from anywhere, that's the beauty of the Co-ordinated Admissions system.

I don't know whether your 'guide' sheds any more light on this because I didn't get as far as downloading it, but this is from the LBBD website:

If you try to apply online and you cannot see your exact address in the list, or the schools you want to apply for are not listed, you must contact the School Admissions Team before 5pm on the closing date or your application will be late.
The closing date is 31 October 2016.

At the new parents' info evening at SHSG back in June, I noticed that there were girls with 'E' postcodes and DD (year 11) says she knows girls from Barking, so it obviously can be done.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tian

Post by tian »

Hi Mary pa,
I live in Dagenham too. From what I remember, when I did the Caf online last year, I typed the names of the schools for the CSSE. I will try to login again and see how I did. Hopefully I still have the login
tian

Post by tian »

Marupa wrote:Hi all,

TIA
Hi Marupa,
I've just managed to login back and go through a new fake application just for remembering and as you login there are three part of this application, the first is all child details and his current school which you need to fill up, (I believe you already done it), after that you click next and you arrive to the step 2out 3 which tells you to apply for a school, just under you will see 'choose a local authority' so you scroll down and you will see all the local authorities (they are all in alphabetical order) and just under that, they write 'select a school', you scroll down this and you will see the schools for that local authority. Once you pick the school click next and you will go through simple questions, after that you click next and you should see the option if you want to choose more schools and repeat all the process again. I hope this help.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If you are applying to the Westcliff or Southend High Schools, remember that they are in the Borough of Southend on Sea, not Essex :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now