SWHC result released 'In Error'

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

K1w1mum

SWHC result released 'In Error'

Post by K1w1mum »

Apparently the results were released in error by the Portal provider and have not been checked and validated by the schools yet. Therefore, it would be unsafe to assume that the result you have received is necessarily the final result. It has been confirmed that the results will be released on the Monday 17th October as previously stated.
The site is now down for 'maintenance'!
mof3

Re: SWHC result released 'In Error'

Post by mof3 »

Can I ask where you found this information? Thank you
K1w1mum

Post by K1w1mum »

mof3 wrote:Can I ask where you found this information? Thank you
From the Watford Boys Grammar School Admissions department.
kedar

Exam results

Post by kedar »

Some one has just confirmed that SWHerts administation has confirmed that these are not the final numbers and there has been an error. All results need to be audited and the final results will be on 17/10?
Otter

Re: Exam results

Post by Otter »

Who and where? All the consortium website says is that the parent portal is undergoing "maintenance".

I quite surprised this has happened anyway, I suspect that the results posted were real but someone made a balls up and applied the result to the website one week too early.

How did this come to light anyway, did someone on the off chance login and guess the full URL or were they notified by email first?
Ktcroucher0607

Post by Ktcroucher0607 »

For those that have seen the results what will the impact be if when it comes to the results day on the 17th the scores are different and they have already submitted their applications ? Has there been any formal communication regarding this as from the threads on here the results were available for quite sometime so it's reasonable to think that applications were made on the back of these results ? Hope
hopefulin2014

Post by hopefulin2014 »

Also been told the results need to be validated (whatever that means) and cannot be relied upon! What a mess ! No idea whether the mark you have seen will be similar if not the same to one you will see on 17th - anybody any further information - awful times for parents - this doesn't help !
And after this , do you even trust the final result ???
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Ktcroucher0607 wrote:For those that have seen the results what will the impact be if when it comes to the results day on the 17th the scores are different and they have already submitted their applications ? Has there been any formal communication regarding this as from the threads on here the results were available for quite sometime so it's reasonable to think that applications were made on the back of these results ? Hope
Anyone who has applied online should have the facility to log back in and change their forms up to the closing date I believe.

If anyone has completed a paper form and sent that in there I'd suggest contacting the LA to explain and seeing if you can resubmit or get them to change it for you. Get confirmation in writing/email if you do this by phone and get the name of you you speak to (just in case there's any problems. As long as it is done before the caf deadline, again I believe this should not be a problem.
Otter

Post by Otter »

Ktcroucher0607 wrote:For those that have seen the results what will the impact be if when it comes to the results day on the 17th the scores are different and they have already submitted their applications ? Has there been any formal communication regarding this as from the threads on here the results were available for quite sometime so it's reasonable to think that applications were made on the back of these results ? Hope
The fact of the matter was that according to the other thread the link to the results wasn't available, you had to log in and then manually change the URL in the address bar so it's likely the results were not supposed to be published, so anyone who submitted their SIF this morning really should have waited anyway.
Dotty2468

Post by Dotty2468 »

No one was ever officially informed that their results were available, so it's obviously a mistake you were able to see them. Perhaps it's given you the right score, perhaps not. Either way you know the official date you get your results is the 17th so just wait until then to apply for a school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now