October Half term London program for 12y

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
sunandcloud

October Half term London program for 12y

Post by sunandcloud »

Dear all,

This is my first time holiday with indie secondary school dd1 and state primary dd2.
We are not going away but need to stay in London.
Dd1 has extra 1 week holiday than dd2.
I would like to ask you what your secondary DCs do during half term holidays. Originally I planned to send her 1week sailing course but our local centre is fully booked so I need new plan.
My dd1 loves music/drama/art/sport...etc.

Any advice and good course/activity would be appreciated.

Thank you.

S&C
PettswoodFiona

Re: October Half term London program for 12y

Post by PettswoodFiona »

When DD was at an Independent school we couldn't afford the extras and now she is at grammar we don't have the time. You can't win can you. :lol:

It very much depends on whether you are working and will be accompanying or not. The options are very different. Some of DDs friends have been on PGL adventure holidays, tennis coaching courses, singing / drama.

When we were home educating DD we did a lot of London Walks http://www.walks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; Museums, Dockyards, Greenwich observatory etc. If this had been on offer http://www.thehacklab.uk/courses/octobe ... f-term.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; we would probably have done something like that.

Best of luck
sunandcloud

Re: October Half term London program for 12y

Post by sunandcloud »

Dear PettswoodFiona,

I got some idea from you. Thank you for your kind suggestions.
I can see dd needs full relaxing holiday as well,so she will have plenty of her own time and with friends.

S&C
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now