CSSE Results Guidance Sheet 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
littlemissm

CSSE Results Guidance Sheet 2017

Post by littlemissm »

Hi,

The guidance sheet has been updated on the CSSE website, link below.

http://csse.org.uk/images/simplefileman ... idance.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well done everyone !
Victor

Re: CSSE Results Guidance Sheet 2017

Post by Victor »

How reliable are these guidance sheets? And does standardisation produce the same score ranges every year ?
KB

Post by KB »

They are 100% reliable in so far as they are stating facts about what has happened in the past. The green zone calculations are very conservative so as not to disappoint people.

Nobody can be sure what the final cut off offer score will be on offers day until the applications go in for each school and after that further offers depend on who accepts their offer. The longer the process remains the same the more data there is on which to make predictions.
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

We got a colchs place on allocations day on a 348 score last year so there is a small amount of wiggle room.

Hope that reassures some of you
schoolrun

Post by schoolrun »

I used to think green meant you'd get an offer on allocations day but I know of someone who was in the green but ended up on a waiting list for Westcliff boys. He got in, but not on allocations day.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

schoolrun wrote:I used to think green meant you'd get an offer on allocations day but I know of someone who was in the green but ended up on a waiting list for Westcliff boys. He got in, but not on allocations day.
The first part of the wording does read,
'This column
indicates 11+ test
scores that will
almost certainly
ensure a place
is awarded'.

It doesn't actually say, '...on national offer day '.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Victor

Post by Victor »

Surely it must mean something to be on green or yellow otherwise there is no point in the CSSE publishing it.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

It does, it means based on the last four years data this score would have got you a place. Therefore it is likely to be same this year but nothing can be certain because there are variables, how many people actually apply for places and how the scores are spread out.
Victor

Post by Victor »

With the lower standard deviation it looks like the score are closer to the mean, the mean is lower than the previous as is the standard deviation. Anyway nervous wait ahead.
pinkrabbit38

Post by pinkrabbit38 »

My son was green for Southend in 2013/14 (the last year of old exam), he didn't get a place on offers day and was 21st on the waiting list for Southend (28th for Westcliff), he only got an offer when the extra class was added.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now