Out of County/Out of Area for Dartford Grammar School (Boys)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
grgygirl

Out of County/Out of Area for Dartford Grammar School (Boys)

Post by grgygirl »

Ok, the speculating begins! What do you think the score will be for out of the parishes/area/county?
fari

Re: Out of County/Out of Area for Dartford Grammar School (B

Post by fari »

No idea but really want to know that
DS scor:374 ,we are ooc.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Fingers crossed, it was good for last year. And 351 for IC boys.
srav123

Post by srav123 »

Hi

My ds score is 362. We are OOC. We are hoping for DGS. Not sure if this enough though.

Thanks
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

I'm not sure. Does anyone know if it is Kent that release what level Dartford is set at or whether it's the school and when do they do this? In time for the CAF? Salsa can you remember at all?
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

We were OOC for DGSB last year with 374 but it differs year to year to predict but do make sure you put your 1st preference school top and if possible get into catchment.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

KCC do not release qualifying scores other then the pass marks. Or so that has been in the past. Each school is different and will depends on who has applied so each will communicate the qualifying score themselves. Some are better at doing this than others. I have seen in past years OOC qualifying scores go up rather then down as some realise they can qualify and go on the wait list. The trend isn't always down. I know people who have moved into catchment in time to qualify for lower score but it makes often for a miserable end to Y6 with a lot of commuting and at very least a major upheaval at a time already of a lot of impending change.
salsa

Post by salsa »

grgygirl wrote:I'm not sure. Does anyone know if it is Kent that release what level Dartford is set at or whether it's the school and when do they do this? In time for the CAF? Salsa can you remember at all?
The school never told me, but if you told them your score they would say something like "in previous years your son would have gained a place". We knew from asking around in the forum.
Last year I think some members got some numbers from the office, but they were as at first allocation.
So, from memory it was 369 in 2015 and 374 in 2016. For previous years you needed a much higher score, but it was a different test and the admission policy was also different. This year, of course, it will depend on how many apply and their scores. A lot of high scorers prefer other Kent super selectives.
Salsa
DIYdad

Post by DIYdad »

salsa wrote:
grgygirl wrote:I'm not sure. Does anyone know if it is Kent that release what level Dartford is set at or whether it's the school and when do they do this? In time for the CAF? Salsa can you remember at all?
The school never told me, but if you told them your score they would say something like "in previous years your son would have gained a place". We knew from asking around in the forum.
Last year I think some members got some numbers from the office, but they were as at first allocation.
So, from memory it was 369 in 2015 and 374 in 2016. For previous years you needed a much higher score, but it was a different test and the admission policy was also different. This year, of course, it will depend on how many apply and their scores. A lot of high scorers prefer other Kent super selectives.
Salsa
Hello. DS has scored 395 would this be enough for DG applying from outside Kent?
pandhismum

Post by pandhismum »

DS got a score of 401 and we are OOC. Is there a good chance of getting in you think?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now