Rechecks of papers. Any chances of better scores?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
jumpingjack

Rechecks of papers. Any chances of better scores?

Post by jumpingjack »

Hi All
This is my first time. My DS has got 339 so on edge for KEGS as per 2016 Entry. I am a bit disappointed with the results. My DS thought so as well as he felt very good after the Exams. He has done quite well in mocks and felt the papers were quite easy. I suspect his handwriting might have caused some issues. Is it worth a recheck and if so how to go about? Any help most appreciated.
SlighlyStressedMum

Re: Rechecks of papers. Any chances of better scores?

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

I think you contact the school where your son sat the exam, buti think they only recheck that the marks are added up correctly rather than remark the answers.

Are you in catchment? If so I think you should hopefully be OK with that score.
jumpingjack

Post by jumpingjack »

SlighlyStressedMum wrote:I think you contact the school where your son sat the exam, buti think they only recheck that the marks are added up correctly rather than remark the answers.

Are you in catchment? If so I think you should hopefully be OK with that score.
Thanks for reply SlightlyStressedMum.
We are in catchment. It is reassuring.
Is there a time period before which you can request a check? As he would be devastated if he does not get in KEGS which he has always wanted.
SlighlyStressedMum

Post by SlighlyStressedMum »

Sorry I don't know, but if you give the CSSE office a call I am sure they will advise you. Good luck x
Ashtara

Post by Ashtara »

I am in a similar position with my DS scoring 337.38.

My thoughts are, how would I feel if they remark and find that he should have scored less? I know it would not sit well with me so would rather take my chances.

Bear in mind since the new format and based on collated cut-offs on this site. The lowest mark where places were offered for KEGS in 2015 was 335.89 and 2016 was 335.965.

Both of these were after offer day but even on offer day in 2015 was 337 and 2016 336.79

I honestly think your DS with 339 stands a very good chance of getting in.

Hope that helps
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now