Urgent!!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
raa

Urgent!!

Post by raa »

Hello, I have received my dd results for Chelmsford today. She has scored 97. Which means, she can't get into Chelmsford. I know that Woodford uses the same result. Last year the cut off point for Woodford was 106. Does it mean that she has not made for Woodford!! Please reply
raa

Re: Urgent!!

Post by raa »

Can anyone answer please....I am really panicking
iu72

Post by iu72 »

Not necessarily. My understanding is her score for Woodford might be different as it would have standardised against a different cohort (different children taking the exam in both schools). Wish you good luck.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

raa wrote:Hello, I have received my dd results for Chelmsford today. She has scored 97. Which means, she can't get into Chelmsford. I know that Woodford uses the same result. Last year the cut off point for Woodford was 106. Does it mean that she has not made for Woodford!! Please reply
The scores for the two schools will not necessarily be the same, because not everyone who registered to have their raw score considered by CCHS will also have registered for WCHS and vice versa. So although it's the same exam for lots of schools, each school's cohort of candidates will be made up of different children from within the overall pool.

The scores were fairly close for those two schools last year, though, I think.

You did also register for Woodford, I assume?

(X posted!)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
raa

Post by raa »

Yes we took exam in Woodford and are in catchment :((
Pasta

Post by Pasta »

Woodford results come out on Monday 17th, via email, late in the day from what I read, hopefully it will bring better news.

Sending good wishes and support for your DD results.
raa

Post by raa »

Thank you for your support! I will share her results on Monday.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now