Headteacher not interested...

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
elevenmom

Headteacher not interested...

Post by elevenmom »

Got the Kent results yesterday, my child scored highest marks in English, scored 123 in Maths out of highest 141 marks. But she scored 2marks less in reasoning than the qualifying marks required.

I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher, head teacher does not seem to be interested.

Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ? What is the best way forward?
Etienne

Re: Headteacher not interested...

Post by Etienne »

Welcome to Appeals! :)
elevenmom wrote:I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher ......
To refer the score?
Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ?
What required information?

Sorry, it's not clear what you're asking. Could you quote the exact wording of what you've been told - then we can try and help.
Etienne
PettswoodFiona

Re: Headteacher not interested...

Post by PettswoodFiona »

elevenmom wrote:Got the Kent results yesterday, my child scored highest marks in English, scored 123 in Maths out of highest 141 marks. But she scored 2marks less in reasoning than the qualifying marks required.

I am given the choice to refer it to the head teacher, head teacher does not seem to be interested.

Do I have right to ask the head teacher to send the required information ? What is the best way forward?
Head Teacher reviews happen before you get the results. If they chose not to put your DC forward for a review then that opportunity has now passed. You need to find out if he did put them for a review and the panel (this won't be attached to the school) rejected your DC or if he did not put your DC forward. You can then put the grammar on your CAF but know you won't get a place and will need to appeal. You need to see if the head will support your appeal but you can do it without if they are not helpful.