Advice needed on school choice and cut off score

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
dk2011

Advice needed on school choice and cut off score

Post by dk2011 »

Hello Everyone,
My daughter had scored 323.218 in CSSE . We are outside of the catchment area of Westcliff and Southend School. Her score isn't in the green zone of any of the above school , but it does fall in yellow for Southend(316).
My first preference is Westcliff . I'm very worried . Could you please guide me if she stands at least a chance in Southend and also in which order shall I make preference given Westcliff is my first preference.
Thanks,
DK
ToadMum

Re: Advice needed on school choice and cut off score

Post by ToadMum »

dk2011 wrote:Hello Everyone,
My daughter had scored 323.218 in CSSE . We are outside of the catchment area of Westcliff and Southend School. Her score isn't in the green zone of any of the above school , but it does fall in yellow for Southend(316).
My first preference is Westcliff . I'm very worried . Could you please guide me if she stands at least a chance in Southend and also in which order shall I make preference given Westcliff is my first preference.
Thanks,
DK
1. She stands no chance at all of getting a place at WHSG if you don't apply for it.

2. Put schools on your CAF in the true order of your preference. Please seek out and read carefully the advice and examples on your LAs website or in the hard copy of its Secondary School Admissions booklet if you have been given one. The advice will be the same. If Westcliff is your first preference, put it first. Next put the school you would like your DD to go to if she doesn't get Westcliff. And so on.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Thanks a lot . Now , I'm very clear about preference order. I'll make WHSG as my first choice and Southend as 2nd choice .
Based on her score she should be able to get at least Southend School ?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

dk2011 wrote:Thanks a lot . Now , I'm very clear about preference order. I'll make WHSG as my first choice and Southend as 2nd choice .
Based on her score she should be able to get at least Southend School ?
Nothing is completely certain, unfortunately, but I would think there would be a good chance of a place at Southend. Where would she have to travel from?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Thanks ! We are in Ilford.
JosieC

Post by JosieC »

Based on the OOC cut off scores for 2015 and 2016 entry for SHSG (303 and 316.3), you have a good chance with a score of 323.218.

Hope it all works out for you.
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

JosieC wrote:Based on the OOC cut off scores for 2015 and 2016 entry for SHSG (303 and 316.3), you have a good chance with a score of 323.218.

Hope it all works out for you.
Thanks a lot . That is really helpful.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now