Reading test results 2016 (2017 entry)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Tinkers

Reading test results 2016 (2017 entry)

Post by Tinkers »

Since the results will be out soon, I've started a thread for you to post your results.

Here's the link to previous years admissions data.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... 10&t=44653" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Note that of you were out of catchment at the time of applying for the test you are extremely unlikely to get a day place. No one ooc has got a day place since the catchment was introduced.

In previous years, boys on the waiting list for day places have been offered boarding places if they have not all been filled.

Good luck
NewToThisFourm

Re: Reading test results 2016 (2017 entry)

Post by NewToThisFourm »

In previous years, boys on the waiting list for day places have been offered boarding places if they have not all been filled.
Hello Tinkers, My DC applied as an OCC. Does that mean, that IC boys get preference over OCC even for boarding places, in the event of one not selecting boarding as an option in the application form?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Did you apply for a boarding place?
NewToThisFourm

Post by NewToThisFourm »

Did you apply for a boarding place?
Hello Tinkers,
Unfortunately I didn't opt for this; in the hindsight, I feel I should have.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I don't know the ins and outs of applying for a boarding place. I've not had reason to look before, but it looks like, yes, you have missed the boat. (You could try asking the school if they will accept a late application for boarding, but I suspect not)

If you are ooc, if you apply you will be on the waiting list after all those in catchment that have qualified.

They have not offered a day place to boys ooc since they introduced a catchment afaik.

They will want to fill boarding places, so if they don't have enough qualified applicants, they offer places to those highest on the day place waiting list. At least they have a couple of times in the last few years.
NENA

Post by NENA »

Some people claim to have already received results for Kendrick and Reading boys, as impossible as it seems, is there any truth to this claim?
semb

Post by semb »

NENA wrote:Some people claim to have already received results for Kendrick and Reading boys, as impossible as it seems, is there any truth to this claim?
I can't see how that would be true - maybe they are just confused and think that the Slough consortium results count for Reading schools too. I guess they'll realise when they receive a second set of results tomorrow....
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

semb wrote:
NENA wrote:Some people claim to have already received results for Kendrick and Reading boys, as impossible as it seems, is there any truth to this claim?
I can't see how that would be true - maybe they are just confused and think that the Slough consortium results count for Reading schools too. I guess they'll realise when they receive a second set of results tomorrow....
Yes some are thinking the results are the same for Slough and Reading/Kendrick. They are not.

Those results are out on Monday.

Also bear in mind that for the last two years, the Slough scores have tended to be higher, so anyone thinking they have got a place at Reading or Kendrick based on their Slough score may be in for a shock.
NENA

Post by NENA »

semb wrote:
That's what I thought however, they claim that both sets of results are different, with the Reading/Kendrick ones being lower. They seem quite adamant and confident even though the Reading/Kendrick websites clearly say they won't be out until the 17th.

A tad confused if I'm honest.
pandy

Post by pandy »

They are different. I know at least one of my friend’s score from last year:
Slough was 128 score whereas Reading 119.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now