Travel from Hatfield Peverel to WHSB

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mmac1219

Travel from Hatfield Peverel to WHSB

Post by mmac1219 »

I wondered if anyone had any information regarding travel from Hatfield Peverel to WHSB. There is a bus but it leaves early and takes 1.5 hrs each way, which seems a long time in a bus. Does anyone know of a private bus hire operating from this area, or any other possible travel ideas? Much appreciated.
ToadMum

Re: Travel from Hatfield Peverel to WHSB

Post by ToadMum »

mmac1219 wrote:I wondered if anyone had any information regarding travel from Hatfield Peverel to WHSB. There is a bus but it leaves early and takes 1.5 hrs each way, which seems a long time in a bus. Does anyone know of a private bus hire operating from this area, or any other possible travel ideas? Much appreciated.
I was going to suggest train into Chelmsford then the X30 to Kent Elms, but the timetabled arrival at Kent Elms is 8.25, which may not allow time for the walk up to the school (I don't know what time the school day starts?).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Proudmumregardless

Post by Proudmumregardless »

How about thinking if you'd commute that way to work. If you wouldn't don't sent your 11 year old on that journey.

The time on the bus is because it's a horrible route to go on with no short cuts
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Proudmumregardless wrote:How about thinking if you'd commute that way to work. If you wouldn't don't sent your 11 year old on that journey.

The time on the bus is because it's a horrible route to go on with no short cuts
To be fair, on a good run (last time I had to do it was a Saturday evening, to get to an address between HP and Boreham for 7.30pm), you can probably do it in less than 45 minutes. But not stopping all over the place to pick other children up. Your own personal taxi would be prohibitive, I would think and would still have to cope with rush hour traffic. If you don't actually want to try out the journey for yourself a few times at the relevant times of day, tune your radio to Radio Essex for a week or so and listen to the traffic announcements - the same places come up day after day in rush hour.

What score did your DS get? Is it definitely not enough for an IC place at KEGS?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Score was 332.62, now enough for KEGS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mmac1219 wrote:Score was 332.62, now enough for KEGS.
Unless your DS really hates KEGS or really has a burning desire to go to Westcliff, my advice would be to put the former in pole position and hope for the best. A short train journey has got to be better than spending ages in traffic jams. And more time to hang out around with his posse in the lovely new John Lewis, which at least on Friday afternoon seemed the place to be for grammar school girls and boys :lol: .
Blitz

Post by Blitz »

mmac1219 wrote:Score was 332.62, now enough for KEGS.

Do you mean 342 rather than 332?

332 probably will not get KEGS. Last year's cut off was 336. 332 was 32nd on the waiting list and the list only moved by 2 places.

332 will get WHSB. Can you drop your son in Great Baddow? The SBC coach leaves Gt Baddow at 7.36am and drops right to the door of WHSB and SHSB.
mmac1219

Post by mmac1219 »

Sorry, Yes 332.62. Meant to say NOT enough for KEGS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mmac1219 wrote:Sorry, Yes 332.62. Meant to say NOT enough for KEGS.
:(
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now