Tips for 11+ DIY

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
11plus_enthusiast

Tips for 11+ DIY

Post by 11plus_enthusiast »

Based on my DS's score that I posted in the results discussion, I had a few messages asking for tips that I used as we did it ourselves without any tutoring. I will use this thread to post some information and answer any questions. I am use there are more seasoned contributors here who can give more guidance here.

We started of when he started year 5, so we did it for a full year. Through continuous working, we will achieve our target study goals every week.
Here are some things we did:
1) Encouraged him to read books, identify the new words for which he learnt definitions and synonyms. At times he will also write sentences of his own using these words.
2) We also added words to this list when we come across new words from any test he does - mock tests, work books, etc
3) Similarly we also collected the different types of questions we come across in maths. Any thing he got wrong, we will work together and ensure he learns the technique.
4) We had couple of subscriptions to online resource providers and worked through their question banks.