Warwic result

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mumandson

Warwic result

Post by mumandson »

My son lives very far from of LS boundary (wellingborough -Northampton), he achieved standardize score 232. Is there any possibilities that he can get a place in LS without moving into Rugby immediately? if it is, then we can move into Rugby by next summer.
As we haven't received the ranking, we are not sure about the position.
Please share your thoughts.

Thanks,
phoenix45

Re: Warwic result

Post by phoenix45 »

mumandson wrote:My son lives very far from of LS boundary (wellingborough -Northampton), he achieved standardize score 232. Is there any possibilities that he can get a place in LS without moving into Rugby immediately? if it is, then we can move into Rugby by next summer.

Thanks,
hi - if you post your query in results 2016/entry 2017 Warwickshire topic discussion, you'll get response from Eastern Area experts for Warks. Since you are o/c for LS, you may need to review their admission policies to see whether you stand a chance. However of you have applied to LS directly, then I think you can place them as your first choice in the CAF (due by 31ts Oct) and see. Based on your results, I think LS is very possible as their AQS is around 220 for 2016.
Rugbymother

Post by Rugbymother »

phoenix45 wrote:
mumandson wrote:My son lives very far from of LS boundary (wellingborough -Northampton), he achieved standardize score 232. Is there any possibilities that he can get a place in LS without moving into Rugby immediately? if it is, then we can move into Rugby by next summer.

Thanks,
hi - if you post your query in results 2016/entry 2017 Warwickshire topic discussion, you'll get response from Eastern Area experts for Warks. Since you are o/c for LS, you may need to review their admission policies to see whether you stand a chance. However of you have applied to LS directly, then I think you can place them as your first choice in the CAF (due by 31ts Oct) and see. Based on your results, I think LS is very possible as their AQS is around 220 for 2016.
Correct me if i am wrong but AQS for Lawrance Sherrif was 207 for admission in 2016..or are you talking about AQS for OOC area?
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

Rugbymother wrote:
phoenix45 wrote:

Thanks,
Correct me if i am wrong but AQS for Lawrance Sherrif was 207 for admission in 2016..or are you talking about AQS for OOC area?
yes, 220 is for ooc - area 2.
sourcepan

Post by sourcepan »

where can I find historical AQS for OOC?
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

sourcepan wrote:where can I find historical AQS for OOC?
please scroll down to LS data for 2016: category 6, out of area, 222 offered: ***
sourcepan

Post by sourcepan »

Phoenix45. Thank you so much! very helpful.
mumandson

Post by mumandson »

phoenix45 wrote:
please scroll down to LS data for 2016: category 6, out of area, 222 offered:

Hi,

Am I correct that category 6 includes who lives out of the catchment area ? if it is then how far (in miles) they can go for. Because I live in Northampton east. Do you know anyone was offered a place in the past??

Thanks.
phoenix45

Post by phoenix45 »

mumandson wrote:
phoenix45 wrote:
please scroll down to LS data for 2016: category 6, out of area, 222 offered:

Hi,

Am I correct that category 6 includes who lives out of the catchment area ? if it is then how far (in miles) they can go for. Because I live in Northampton east. Do you know anyone was offered a place in the past??

Thanks.
Yes you are correct. You may need to call LS to understand their specific policies on ooc selection in terms of how far they go, and who they offered places to in 2016. All we know from this data is that there were 14 places offered in 2016 via category 6:out of catchment.
ssb321

Post by ssb321 »

Here is the admissions policy for LSS - showing the different category levels.
http://www.lawrencesheriffschool.net/pa ... admissions" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now