Advise on filling the application for Buckinghamshire

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Pothineni

Advise on filling the application for Buckinghamshire

Post by Pothineni »

Hi Everyone,

I live in Reading and my daughter qualified in both Slough and Buckinghamshire grammar school entrance exam. I will be starting my new job in Buckinghamshire (Milton Keynes) in November and relocating to Bucks. What is the best way to fill the application? Should I specify that in the application and put Bucks schools as my first preference?

Thanks
scary mum

Re: Advise on filling the application for Buckinghamshire

Post by scary mum »

The places will be allocated according to the address you live at when you apply, so you probably won't get a place in the first round. Then, if you have moved your new address will be used in later rounds of allocations. You should put the schools in the order you genuinely want them and go on the waiting list when you don't get the first/second/whatever choice initially.
scary mum
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Which schools are you considering?

I don't think it's worth putting Royal Latin unless you plan to appeal as there are rarely places after the first round. You probably won't get any GS in the first allocation as you are too far away; hopefully one of the Aylesbury GS will have spaces in later rounds.

I would put an MK comp down as well - whereabouts are you moving in MK? Some of the comps are good, others not so ...
Pothineni

Post by Pothineni »

Thanks for the response..
Pothineni

Post by Pothineni »

Although my job location is going to be Milton Keynes, I am considering relocating either Amersham or Aylesbury. Would you think it is worth taking the chance and waiting until the second round? What are the possibilities to obtain a seat in those two schools?

Many thanks for the response.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Amersham is too far to commute to MK ...

Aylesbury would be OK as your journey would be against the traffic - the A418 is pretty busy in the morning. I would tend to look at the north of Aylesbury as the town centre is often grid-locked.

We have no comps as a back-up. The sooner you have a Bucks address the better for getting a GS place.

Choices in Aylesbury are:
Aylesbury High (girls)
Aylesbury Grammar (boys)
Sir Henry Floyd Grammar (mixed)

Have you managed to visit them yet? I know the Floyd has Open mornings this week.
Pothineni

Post by Pothineni »

Ok..thanks. Didn't manage to visit the schools yet.

Many thanks for your help..
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Unless you are going to have moved house by the 31st of this month, remember that you submit the CAF of your current local authority at this point.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Pothineni

Post by Pothineni »

I thought it is difficult to move before the end of this month, means I have to submit the application to Berkshire council. In that case, I can still put my preferred schools from Bucks?
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

OK - at least try the websites.

AHS - http://www.ahs.bucks.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SHFGS - http://www.sirhenryfloyd.bucks.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have sent you a private message.

You will need to submit the CAF to your current LA but name Bucks schools.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now