Tavel from Basildon to Westcliff/Southend - coaches

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
anagar79

Tavel from Basildon to Westcliff/Southend - coaches

Post by anagar79 »

Hi All,

Just a quick check with the experienced parents, if there is any coach service from Basildon to Southend/Westcliff Grammar?

Thanks
Chai

Re: Tavel from Basildon to Westcliff/Southend - coaches

Post by Chai »

Amber Coaches 01268 786 550
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Basildon to Southend East for SHSG, with rail tickets at a discount on the child fare through the Scholars Season Ticket scheme. Several trains an hour, (the one arriving at Southend East at 8.15 will get you to school on time) and your DD can take part in after school activities and use the train to meet up with friends at weekends and in the holidays :)

Ditto for WHSG, but get out at Chalkwell - longer walk and mainly uphill, though).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Good3boys

Post by Good3boys »

Lots of boys from Basildon choose the train and walk up from chalk well station. Kids from WSHB, WSHG and St Thomas Moore all walk together it's about 20/25mins. Far easier if they do clubs after school, sleep in or worry about missing the bus
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Also First bus no28 from Basildon towards Southend if your DD doesn't fancy the walk up from Chalkwell? - although of course it takes longer than the train. Get off at Darlinghurst Grove, or the previous stop if she fancies dropping in at the Pavilion Cafe on the way to school. (DS2 recommends the ham and egg. And their Angel Cake :) ).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anagar79

Post by anagar79 »

Thank you very much all of you... now its time to wait till March/April and choose on the best transportation method :)

Many thanks
Danniburke

Post by Danniburke »

Hi, I am currently looking into running a bus service from Thurrock to westcliff/Southend schools. A pick up in Basildon could be possible. Please let me know if you would be interested and I'll add you to the list for information once I have it.

Thanks

Danielle