Slough and Reading Kendrick application

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

positivemum2016

Slough and Reading Kendrick application

Post by positivemum2016 »

Dear All.,

I was told that one application was enough for the Slough consortium and Reading Kendrick school. I applied to the slough consortium and just select an option on the same application to share the results with Reading.

However , later I got to know that two separate applications were necessary to apply to both.

Has anyone faced this situation.If so, please advice if there is any way to apply to both the schools.

Regards.,

An anxious mum.
Reading Mum

Re: Slough and Reading Kendrick application

Post by Reading Mum »

the ability to share scores due to the common exam has only been available for a couple of years. I suspect that there is nothing you can do now although it is probably worth phoning RBC and asking if you can make a late application just in case that is an option.
Orange11

Post by Orange11 »

You are misguided for sure. If you have not registered for reading school from their website then you will not be considered for reading school place. Don't think there is any wayout now. You can still get in touch with the school admissions team.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I think the instructions were reasonably clear, you had to register for both the Slough school and Reading/Kendrick in order for your score to be shared and be considered. Both asked where you intended to sit the exam, so they knew where your DC would be.

My understanding is you cannot ask for your score to be considered for the other schools you didn't register for after standardisation has taken place.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

So this means that DC will only have to sit one 11+ test (split over 2 papers) for both Reading School & the Slough Consortium?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Yes, but you have to register for both.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Got it, thanks so much Tinkers.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now