Name of other town grammer school in our CAF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kanimran

Name of other town grammer school in our CAF

Post by kanimran »

I urgently need to know that my daughter got 121 in slough consortium and we live in Reading. Do I have to keep Langley grammer school name in our CAF only ? or do I have to fill some other forms as well?
Tinkers

Re: Name of other town grammer school in our CAF

Post by Tinkers »

You put all the schools you want to apply to on your CAF for Reading.

You'll need to check the school's admissions pages (see link at the top of the Berkshire forum) if they need a SIF. E.g. St Bernard's do for proof of church attendance etc.

Put them in your genuine order of preference and make sure you include a school you are happy with and know you will definitely get a place at.

Hopefully you have already looked at the historic admissions data also posted at the top of this forum to see if you realistically have a chance of getting a place, and checked the journey to school is doable.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

kanimran wrote:I urgently need to know that my daughter got 121 in slough consortium and we live in Reading. Do I have to keep Langley grammer school name in our CAF only ? or do I have to fill some other forms as well?
Have you checked the admissions section on the school's website? You should be told there whether a SIF (Supplementary Information Form) must be submitted

Or do you mean, 'do I have to name any other school on my CAF, since my DD did so well in the Slough 11+?' - ?

Even if she does fulfil all the criteria to be pretty sure of a place, it is always a good idea to name at least one other school that you would like her to go to he she doesn't get her first choice (and that she also qualifies for). If for some reason you cannot be allocated any of your stated preferences, you will be given a place at the nearest school in your LA which has vacancies (almost certainly one which neither you nor many others would have chosen).

Cross-post with Tinkers (sits back and waits for that to cause confusion again :lol: ).
Last edited by ToadMum on Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11plusmomquery

Post by 11plusmomquery »

hi

can anyone suggesst what is the cut off score for langley
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Previous years data for Slough schools can be found here.
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... =10&t=9313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now