Pupil Premium at Wallington High School for Girls

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Anglolux

Pupil Premium at Wallington High School for Girls

Post by Anglolux »

Do any of those in the know, know how many of the Pupil Premium category places that were available at Wallington High School for Girls last year were taken up, and how the lowest score compared to the lowest score in the other categories?
Goodheart

Re: Pupil Premium at Wallington High School for Girls

Post by Goodheart »

Anglolux wrote:Do any of those in the know, know how many of the Pupil Premium category places that were available at Wallington High School for Girls last year were taken up, and how the lowest score compared to the lowest score in the other categories?
I've have expected this information to be provided within the Transfer to Secondary School booklet, however the information isn't really presented in those terms.

According to page 18 of the Transfer to Secondary School in September 2017 booklet available from https://www.sutton.gov.uk/downloads/fil ... oklet_2017, last year Wallington High School for Girls allocated 1 place to "Looked After Children" and 209 places based upon "Ability / Aptitude". I don't believe a child in receipt of the Pupil Premium is always the same thing as one who is "Looked After", but is the best information they provide.
Anglolux

Post by Anglolux »

Thanks Good heart, I saw that info but as you say, Looked After and Pupil Premium are not the same thing.
I've emailed the school to request the same information, I'll post it here if they reply!
Ladymuck

Post by Ladymuck »

I believe that they filled the places - their PPG has definitely gone up, but I don't know about the scores.
RuedeWakening

Post by RuedeWakening »

I've just posted this separately, a reply from admissions at WHSG after I emailed them some questions earlier this week:

As stated in our Admissions Policy for Year 7 Entry in September 2016, there were fifteen possible places under Criterion 4.4.4 for students who triggered Pupil Premium and who were also resident within a 6.7km radius from our school (main catchment area). Seven places were offered under Criterion 4.4.4 (Pupil Premium).

The lowest score admitted under the Criterion 4.4.4 (Pupil Premium) was 454.51.

The lowest score admitted under Criterion 4.4.3 (Top 100) was 518.19.

The lowest score admitted under Criterion 4.4.5 (main catchment area) was 476.57.

The lowest score admitted under Criterion 4.4.6 (Carshalton Point catchment area) was 460.51
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now