KEHS offer process??

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mum1115

KEHS offer process??

Post by mum1115 »

Hi,
Does anyone know what the process is if offered a place at KEHS in terms of how long you have to notify them of accepting/declining a place.
I'm thinking in terms of not knowing until 1st march if DD has a grammar school offer for CHG, with the KEHS process being much earlier does this mean we'd have to accept a place without knowing the secondary offered on 1st march?
hermanmunster

Re: KEHS offer process??

Post by hermanmunster »

this is the first time that they have had the exam this early - they say that they aim to offer by Xmas, doesn't say however how long you have to accept or decline
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

I wish I had thought to ask on the open day visit.
Petitpois

Post by Petitpois »

Last year there was a point when you had to commit to the place. In reality when we got out offer, I recall about 8 weeks till the point when they ask you to stump up £500 or thereabouts as a deposit.

So your worst case scenario is having to risk a further £500 to keep your options completely open till 1/3. Can't believe they will do that as there should not be any real risk to them. They know from the financial declarations who are their core customers are going to be.

If you can pay and you have an offer, I think a call to let em know your serious enough is probably enough. If you get the result you want later, that is the thing you weigh up. To put it in perspective people moving at this late stage from comps to grammars will not be thinking of the additional £300+ on new uniforms once they have got the Grammar place off the waiting list!
Turtlegirl

Post by Turtlegirl »

Last year the offers for KEHS and KES weren't made until February, so the deposit had to be made after 1st March. I imagine that it will be similar this year. They won't expect parents to commit until grammar school offers have been made.

But phone them and ask to check if you are concerned. I'm sure the details will be on any offer letters when they come anyway.
UmSusu

Post by UmSusu »

The boys' school (KES) have said that they will be making offers in December but the date by which to accept or reject offers will remain, as before, after offers day in March. Anything else wouldn't make sense as it would require parents to speculate about other offers.
UmSusu
mum1115

Post by mum1115 »

Thanks everyone.
Jackdaw1

Post by Jackdaw1 »

Hello just wondering if anyone has had or heard of any calls from KEHS or KES yet?
veryhopeful

Post by veryhopeful »

Jackdaw1 wrote:Hello just wondering if anyone has had or heard of any calls from KEHS or KES yet?

No news here for KEHS. Eagerly awaiting result.
Penny77

Post by Penny77 »

Apparently, they have started ringing for interviews but believe this process will go up until about the 2 December.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now