AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised total

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

everylittlehelps

AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised total

Post by everylittlehelps »

You can obtain scores from CEM.

Under the Data Protection Act, 1998 the University can release scores for each test section as well as age standardised scores.

If you would like request test and age standardised scores, please complete and return the Subject Access Request Form accessible on our website (https://www.dur.ac.uk/data.protection/s ... _requests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and, as stipulated by the Act, provide £10 payment and proof of identification for yourself and your son (e.g. copy of a driver’s license, passport, birth certificate).

Once I have received this documentation and fee, the University will respond within 40 calendar days.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by everylittlehelps on Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KenR

Re: AGS Test Scores - for each section and total standardise

Post by KenR »

everylittlehelps wrote:You can obtain scores from CEM.

Under the Data Protection Act, 1998 the University can release scores for each test section as well as age standardised scores.

If you would like request test and age standardised scores, please complete and return the Subject Access Request Form accessible on our website (https://www.dur.ac.uk/data.protection/s ... _requests/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and, as stipulated by the Act, provide £10 payment and proof of identification for yourself and your son (e.g. copy of a driver’s license, passport, birth certificate).

Once I have received this documentation and fee, the University will respond within 40 calendar days.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
I don't believe this is possible as the Durham CEM unit is a separate independent organisation and not covered under Data Protection Act as the data they hold is client data and covered under a confidentiality agreement as part of the legal contract with the various clients (in this case the B/Ham consortium)
everylittlehelps

Re: AGS Test Scores - for each section and total standardise

Post by everylittlehelps »

Hi KenR

I have personally spoken to CEM and received written confirmation of what they will and will not provide.

Above is a part of that email after removing personal information as it will help many parents otherwise be waiting till March anxiously.

All the data requests handled by the university data protection officer even though infomation will be provided by relevant departments.

If you look at the bigger picture, all the schools in Walsall consortium provide test scores except AGS.

Exact quote from the email;

Under the Data Protection Act, 1998 the University can release to you your son’s scores for each test section as well as his age standardised scores. Please note, colleagues in the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring (CEM) will not release details of the total number of marks available under each section of the paper as they believe this would reveal valuable information about the test’s structure and undermine its integrity.
KenR

Re: AGS Test Score for each section and age standardised tot

Post by KenR »

Apologies - From your posting I assumed you were referring to Durham CEM releasing the Age Standardisation tables for the whole Cohort not simply your own personal infomation

However I'm not sure that a DPA request with a £10 fee for your own data held is necessary - If you contact Warks LEA they will provide that information Free of Charge.
Bibi_wlv

Post by Bibi_wlv »

Hi All,
I'm a complete newbie to this website, glad I found it in good time though :) as the above posts are just what I'm looking for. My son sat the 11+ at Adam's and we received the 'strongly encouraged to apply' letter at the weekend but we still feel in limbo somewhat. We will still apply for Adams as first choice but I'm going to make the request for his score so at least we have some idea of how he's done and what our chances are. March seems too far away!

Thank you for posting :wink:
Wolvesfc77

Post by Wolvesfc77 »

Hi Bibi
Did you get a score for your ds advice appreciated :?:
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

Hello, has anyone successfully retrieved their child's AGM score from CEM.
My DD sat at AGM and got the strongly encouraged letter as well but we want QM and will only consider AGM for boarding. I will request from CEM. Just want to know.

Also any rough ideas on what a 'strongly encouraged' score cold roughly be compared to QM. I'm so dying to know :D
UW01

Post by UW01 »

Hi El-jewel. I came here to ask the exact same thing! Received the notification of results letter from AGS yesterday. We're OOA, so the letter doesn't help much with making an informed decision. DS said he found it VERY challenging and missed out quite a few questions, so we honestly didn't think he'd pass. I've printed off the Subject Access Request Form for Durham Uni and also emailed them for more info. Hopefully this is one way of getting the info we technically should be entitled to. Let me know how you get on. Will update when I have more info.
El-jewel

Post by El-jewel »

Hello UW01, I definitely will let you know.
I contacted QM and they confirmed AGM do not share the scores with them, they only send them to the LA who then allocate places.

My DS scored 214 in the Birmingham exam, he expected so much more, wish I could have a raw score from AGM to console him with.
All the best to you too.
Tonysingh123

Post by Tonysingh123 »

UW01 wrote:Hi El-jewel. I came here to ask the exact same thing! Received the notification of results letter from AGS yesterday. We're OOA, so the letter doesn't help much with making an informed decision. DS said he found it VERY challenging and missed out quite a few questions, so we honestly didn't think he'd pass. I've printed off the Subject Access Request Form for Durham Uni and also emailed them for more info. Hopefully this is one way of getting the info we technically should be entitled to. Let me know how you get on. Will update when I have more info.

Dear All

We are very angry that Adams Grammar have failed to disclose Standardised Score for Ds. I have emailed the School and requested they disclose the Data and do so with immediate affect as we are unable to make an informed decision and do not wish to lose a preference place. We had requested our result to be considered for QMGS and without the score are unaware if he is below or over the cut off mark for last year. We are unable to make a well informed decision.

Mr Hickeys decision not to disclose the results works against the decision to have a consortium of schools sitting one test. My concern is wether Adams Grammar School has a hidden agenda. Why are they not transparent like other Schools in the Consortium. Does Mr Hickey lack confidence? Makes you wonder about his ability as a Head Teacher. Just looked at Adams Grammar score - ONLY AVERAGE. His leadership seems to be questionable.

In relation to Data Protection request - just be mindful that they can take upto 40days to to provide the information. I need the information before 31/10/17. If i know my sons score is above cut for QMGS - i will certainly prefer QMGS.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now