NGHS results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Mummyt

NGHS results

Post by Mummyt »

I've just called NGHS because I had expected the results in the post by now (dodgy rural post!), and they said they're posting their letters out today, first class... :-)
Hopefulmummy34

Re: NGHS results

Post by Hopefulmummy34 »

I called them yesterday too! Have you had results yet? I am at work. Best of luck to your daughter x
Mummyt

Post by Mummyt »

They have arrived! Letter states her result, Highest and lowest and what the "cut off score" was last year...we're in catchment and are hopeful she'll get a place when we apply...

Good luck :-)
Littleoaks

Post by Littleoaks »

If you are in catchment and the letter says your daughter is of grammar school standard then you are guaranteed a place aren't you?

Do you mind sharing what her score was to understand what the in catchment score would need to be?

Thanks.
Hopefulmummy34

Post by Hopefulmummy34 »

Unfortunately we didn't get the result we wanted. 298. Now I have to have a rethink.
Littleoaks

Post by Littleoaks »

Hopefulmummy34 wrote:Unfortunately we didn't get the result we wanted. 298. Now I have to have a rethink.
sorry to hear that. DD got 310 and letter says she should get a place.

We are in catchment so I'm hoping that is a yes, but not sure now with the wording.

Such small margins involved in these decisions, 298 is a great score.
Jellyfish

Post by Jellyfish »

If you are in catchment and told should get a place you have a place!!! Catchment first and then out of catchment
Mummyt

Post by Mummyt »

Letter says this year's "cut off" is a little lower than last year's (312).

It has to be slightly vague I guess because it allocates in-catchment first so has to allow for the possibility that all applicants may move within catchment before March 1st 2017
;-)

My daughter got 323 and we are in catchment and the letter says, if she applies to NGHS as her first choice, then she "should" get her place.

:-)
Littleoaks

Post by Littleoaks »

Many thanks Jellyfish and MummyT that helps and makes me a little calmer now.

Congratulations to your daughter MummyT.
:)