How is Simon Langton Grammar School For Boys?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
PrasannaNadella

How is Simon Langton Grammar School For Boys?

Post by PrasannaNadella »

We live in Ashford and my son has qualified in Kent Test and guaranteed a seat in KNB in Ashford. But looking for a better near by grammar school and would like to know more details/experiences about "Simon Langton Grammar School For Boys"?. Advise me how Good is this school and how easy is it to commute from Ashford to Canterbury on daily basis?
yoyo123

Re: How is Simon Langton Grammar School For Boys?

Post by yoyo123 »

I think they have quite a small catchment area. They are the Hythe side of Canterbury

There is a distance calculator here.

https://www.thelangton.org.uk/admissions/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
dsej

Post by dsej »

My son attends Simon Langton, just gone into year 8. Absolutely loves it and we could not be happier. They push the boys academically but they are also very nurturing. Teachers all seem very nice and it feels a happy, safe place for the boys to learn. They also have a lot of extra curricular activities going on. If you have any particular questions I am happy to try and answer them.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

yoyo123 wrote:I think they have quite a small catchment area.
The catchment is 9 miles ----

Excludes Ashford, Faversham, Folkestone and Thanet.

Includes Canterbury, Herne Bay, Whitstable and villages.
PrasannaNadella

Post by PrasannaNadella »

Thanks for the information. Will add it one of the options and appeal it in March if my son won't be offered.
seraphim

Post by seraphim »

PrasannaNadella wrote:Thanks for the information. Will add it one of the options and appeal it in March if my son won't be offered.
You would be very very low on the list and in the last qualifying category 3 (c) Proximity to the boy’s home, with those living nearer being given higher priority

Pupils with a simple pass who live in Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and Faversham will have priority.

Looks like there would be nothing to appeal against and the rules are clear.
http://www.thelangton.org.uk/wp-content ... y-2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

seraphim wrote:
PrasannaNadella wrote:Thanks for the information. Will add it one of the options and appeal it in March if my son won't be offered.
You would be very very low on the list and in the last qualifying category 3 (c) Proximity to the boy’s home, with those living nearer being given higher priority

Pupils with a simple pass who live in Canterbury, Whitstable, Herne Bay and Faversham will have priority.

Looks like there would be nothing to appeal against and the rules are clear.
http://www.thelangton.org.uk/wp-content ... y-2017.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Appeals are for a place at a school which has turned down your request for a place, not against anything (if you think about it, succeeding in an appeal against your school allocation would just leave you with no school at all). Whether you can come up with an argument which would lead the panel to agree that your desire for the place outweighs the prejudice to the school caused by having to take your child, is another matter.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now