Dartford grammar school query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sairam

Dartford grammar school query

Post by Sairam »

Since the results are out we are in dilemna whether our DS would get a position in DGS with an OOC score of 363 . We live nearly 10 miles away and DS is really interested in getting into DGS. We are flexible in moving to Dartford but not sure if we do so , will we be Considered as in county ? Going through some other posts in the forum - it seems last year in county cut off score was 351 .. please can someone confirm if my understanding is correct ....? DS also passed Bexley with a score of 231 but unfortunately we are OOC for Bexley as well and the nearest Bexley school is about 6 miles away .

If we move will it effect our chances of getting in Bexley schools in any way . Bexley admissions website says that any address changes can be done by 8th Dec ??

Thanks
SoppyBee

Re: Dartford grammar school query

Post by SoppyBee »

I would consider very carefully before you put DGS as a first choice - they were apparently the most over subscribed Kent Grammar School in the county last year. My son achieved exactly the same mark as your son (spooky!) and we are only 1.7 miles away as the crow flies in Dartford. The cut off for Dartford marks last year was 351 so highly likely that the OC scores would be much higher. We have the dilemma and we live in Dartford as whether we put DGS as a first choice if we dont get in then we risk having to take whats left as all the Grammars around are over subscribed. My DS also passed the Bexley test and we have to gamble on putting BETHS as a 2nd choice so will probably have to put WilmingtonGS. I wish you every success but this is a minefield I didnt envisage when we got those delightful results!!
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Last year 351 was good for DGS In County DS. I am guessing this should not vary largely as historically it usually varies by 1 or 2 points (plus or minus). For OOC, it was 374 last year. Hopefully you will make the right choice for your DS.
Hope4gud

Post by Hope4gud »

On another post the predicted cut off score for DGS this year is 381 . But its not mentioned whether its IC or OOC ?
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

I would assume a 381 would be OOC but will drop lower after allocation day so if your in County with 360 or above I think you will have a great chance.
ferrari

Post by ferrari »

Based on the data it seems in county cut-off is going to be lower than last year, probably in the range of 345-346.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

I am guessing a slight in IC scores looking at the spreadsheet. Did anyone draw this conclusion?
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

Slight decline
Sairam

Post by Sairam »

Apologies for asking too many questions but this is the first time I am going through all this and not very sure how the system works if someone fills the CAF in their local county and then move to another county before the cut off date for address changes . .? Does that help and DC is considered as IC or still OOC

Does anyone have experience of this situation ... ?

This is an amazing forum Thank you all the lovely people out there.
salsa

Post by salsa »

SoppyBee wrote:I would consider very carefully before you put DGS as a first choice - they were apparently the most over subscribed Kent Grammar School in the county last year. My son achieved exactly the same mark as your son (spooky!) and we are only 1.7 miles away as the crow flies in Dartford. The cut off for Dartford marks last year was 351 so highly likely that the OC scores would be much higher. We have the dilemma and we live in Dartford as whether we put DGS as a first choice if we dont get in then we risk having to take whats left as all the Grammars around are over subscribed. My DS also passed the Bexley test and we have to gamble on putting BETHS as a 2nd choice so will probably have to put WilmingtonGS. I wish you every success but this is a minefield I didnt envisage when we got those delightful results!!
Why wouldn't you put Wilmington as your second choice? Do you like Beths better for your son?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now