DD passed, but worried that she won't get a Grammar place !

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

BB8

DD passed, but worried that she won't get a Grammar place !

Post by BB8 »

DD passed 346.

I am very pleased that she passed, however, I would have preferred a higher score, as now I’m really concerned that she won’t get a grammar place.

DGGS - we live under 1 mile from the school, so, hoping to get in via :-
* DGGS website “100 places will be reserved for girls residing in Dartford”

If she isn’t successful in the 100 places, I very much doubt she will get in with her score ?

We are also looking at Wilmington Grammar for girls as I believe the admissions goes on distance
rather than scores.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Blametheparents

Re: DD passed, but worried that she won't get a Grammar plac

Post by Blametheparents »

We live roughly 5 miles from the school - in one of the last parishes that count in the school's list of parishes. My daughter got in on this criteria last year (she is in year 7 now) so I wouldn't worry. Living approx. 1 mile from the school she's a dead cert to get in.

Enjoy the open evening.
lefol

Post by lefol »

We worry when we shouldn't! You live 1 mile from DGGS thats a dead cert to get in . She will definitely get in and you should start buying the uniform. DS got a lower score but passed and we live approximately 4.9 miles from wilmington and now hoping he gets in there.
BB8

Post by BB8 »

Thank you for your kind replies, your comments have put my mind at rest.

Lefol - hope your son get's Wilmington.

Thank you again.
theonly1

Post by theonly1 »

I hope everyone gets the place they want as it well deserved after the effort. Yes we worry and same here. DS with an IC score of 351 still worries me. I guess that is what parents do. Anyone know least score accepted for IC last year at DGS.
dragonlord

Post by dragonlord »

The recent KCC score shows there are 138 boys and 157 girls in Dartford (areas where you council tax paid to Dartford could council).

There are 100 places for girls in DGGS and and 120 WGSG. There are 220 places for girls.

If you are Dartford and within the 1.5 miles your daughter will get a place. 346 is currently rank 92nd, that is she is the 92nd girl ranked by total test score in Dartford.

If we assume every girl will accept and pick grammar with DGGS first and WGSG second, you pay council tax to Dartford. Then your daughter will get in for sure according to rules of admission policy for both schools.

I would say if you are in Dartford you will only not get in if you forgot to fill in the sif.

If you are OOC then rules are different.
salsa

Post by salsa »

theonly1 wrote:I hope everyone gets the place they want as it well deserved after the effort. Yes we worry and same here. DS with an IC score of 351 still worries me. I guess that is what parents do. Anyone know least score accepted for IC last year at DGS.
It was 351 for DGS. I think if you count how many Dartford boys with a score of 351 or higher you could sort of guess your chances. The big variable is the independents as it doesn't show in which area they are. Freedom of information request, anyone?

The other big variable is that not all in area boys will want either DGS or Wilmington. Do all high scores go to the Dartford grammars?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now