scores and schools, no names please

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
moved

scores and schools, no names please -Judd, Skinners and TOGS

Post by moved »

In Essex people have put up their children's scores, different system from here. It is useful for the next cohort. Perhaps we could do the same.

Practice papers, usually over 95%

e.g.
English 40/50
Maths 34/38
VR 57/80
Standardised score 372/390
Offered KEGS
perplexed

Post by perplexed »

When I first started reading this site I wanted to know what raw scores on practice papers and the like equated to an 11+ pass mark.

But now I can't work out why raw scores are any use whatsoever, other than to reassure a parent or a child that they do not have to get full marks to pass ( or even to get the top standardised score of 140).

The raw scores for Essex that have been quoted look very high for a pass mark that is intended to separate out the top 25% of the population. e.g. 34 out of 38. There would not be much range in raw score between the 99th percentile and the 75th percentile so it would not have been a very good test to have set in Kent. Or is this really the bottom mark admitted to a highly selective school in Essex rather than one that takes all children who have achieved a plain old Kent style 11+ pass?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

My dd's practice papers ranged from anything from 55% - 80% for maths, and around the 80% vr but never done a whole nvr paper.
Anyway she got through, scoring particularly highly on vr/nvr (140/137). Math was much lower.

My point is you never know what will be the top 25% of each cohort as every year can be different. You can only ask your child do its best. :)

For future parents, I found that the first time the child sits a paper be prepared for a low score! However once they are familiar with the way the paper looks/sets out it soon increases. :)
moved

Post by moved »

Sorry, the scores in Essex are very different from Kent, I only thought that it is handy for future parents to know what to expect from real scores and practice papers, especially those considering Skinners, Judd and Togs, which we were hoping to do for future children. Essex top score is only 390, compared with 420 here.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now