Transportation to Dr Challoners (Girls) and Chesham

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

amit14nov

Transportation to Dr Challoners (Girls) and Chesham

Post by amit14nov »

We live in Eastcote, Pinner.

Looking forward for transportation to Dr Challoners and Chesham Grammar School. Is their any private buses/Car shares operating from Eastcote or near by area..

Any advise..
scary mum

Re: Transportation to Dr Challoners (Girls) and Chesham

Post by scary mum »

Have you looked at the distances offered to those schools? I don't think there will be any transport to Dr Challoners (which one?) as they don't usually take children from so far away. Chesham is on the metropolitan line I believe, so again, no need for transport. You have been asking about Slough schools, Hertfordshire schools and Bucks schools. I am wondering three things:
Didn't you look into travel before putting your child in for all these exams?
Which school did you like best when you visited?
Are there no good schools in Eastcote? Then your child wouldn't have to travel & would have local friends. I know nothing of the Eastcote schools of course!
Good luck & I hope someone can give you the information you are looking for.
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Both schools are on the Metropolitan Line, so why on earth do you want to set up alternative travel arrangements?

Regardless of that, based on the historic allocation profile, there is no chance at all of your DD being allocated a place at Challoners; CGS has been far more popular in recent years, and it is very touch-and-go whether she would receive a place there either.

Edit: scary, it says Chally Girls in the thread title.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

amit14nov wrote:We live in Eastcote, Pinner.

Looking forward for transportation to Dr Challoners and Chesham Grammar School. Is their any private buses/Car shares operating from Eastcote or near by area..

Any advise..
Are you really choosing from the numerous schools you're interested in on the basis of which you can arrange transport for?
11+pass

Post by 11+pass »

amit14nov, congratulations to your DD. There is no coach service to either of those schools from Pinner/Eastcote. The fastest way to get to both these schools will be by tube. There are a few girls in the current year 7 at DCHS coming from Pinner.
scoobydoobey

Post by scoobydoobey »

Hi everyone, just a quick question re the walk from Chesham Station to the school. When we drove up the hill I was thinking 'this is a bit of a trek for kids to walk' - but the teachers said plenty of the children do the walk each day..is that true?

Im just worried about when it rains or snows, or when DS has to carry sports kit/musical instrument? (assuming he gets in that is!)
Am I being over protective?!
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

It's a 12 minute walk, and hundreds of kids do it every day, and from the town centre or beyond.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

scoobydoobey wrote:Hi everyone, just a quick question re the walk from Chesham Station to the school. When we drove up the hill I was thinking 'this is a bit of a trek for kids to walk' - but the teachers said plenty of the children do the walk each day..is that true?

Im just worried about when it rains or snows, or when DS has to carry sports kit/musical instrument? (assuming he gets in that is!)
Am I being over protective?!
In a word, yes. Welcome to secondary school parenthood. In the not-too-distant future, you'll be despairing when he comes home from school in driving sleet without his coat on having left his saxophone and one of his football boots on the train. Kids are resilient, often foolishly so.
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

anotherdad wrote:you'll be despairing when he comes home from school in driving sleet without his coat on
Ah, yes. I nearly posted about the coats: not worn beyond approximately week 3 of Year 7. :roll:
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

When it does snow, there won't be a train to get on to the school that will be closed anyway.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now