no preference school given - please advise.

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

parmi

no preference school given - please advise.

Post by parmi »

:cry:
worried dad
Hi there, its my first time on this forum but have been viewing this since the prep for 11+.
chad

Post by chad »

parmi... I am so sorry to hear of the situation you are in.... there are people that will be in the situation of having two or more offers or that may be successful in a transfer appeal but without details of the schools / area in question it is hard to provide an answer to your question. The schools should be allocated as equal preference (according to the admissions code) therefore being so close to the local comp should have seen you a good position... again not knowing the admission criteria of the school in question it is hard to comment. :? If you could provide a few more details there may be someone who can help.
parmi

Post by parmi »

I am based in slough

:?
chad

Post by chad »

If Slough Borough council are using equal preference then I would look at the admissions policy of Langley Academy

http://www.langleyacademy.org/Prospectus-Pt2.pdf

scroll down to Page 9

Are you in the old catchment for Langleywood?
What is your distance from the school?

It also mentions that you have to request to be put on the waiting list for the academy (it is not automatic - Clause 3.1 on Page 9).... this you should do now, by phoning the school, while in the meantime lodge an appeal against your allocation.
parmi

Post by parmi »

appeals
chad

Post by chad »

Your previous address could be why you have been allocated Churchmead..... it is most prob your nearest comp.

I would urge you to phone Langley Academy immediately and ask to go on the waiting list - mention your change of address as this may affect your position on distance.

I would have thought that distance to school should be a mitigating factor.... what public transport links are there between Langley & Datchet.
The fact that your closest school (now) is within walking distance.

I will ask one of our appeal 'gurus' to have a quick look at this thread and hopefully they will be able to give their views.
parmi

Post by parmi »

chad,

not sure on the distance
t
chad

Post by chad »

But I take it that your nearest school now would be Langley Academy by quite a way.
parmi

Post by parmi »

chad

Have informed school
chad

Post by chad »

6th on the waiting list is very good odds.

I would still register an appeal as the school allocated was not on your form at all..... you can always cancel the appeal if you get offered a place on the waiting list.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now