CEM 10 minute tests

CEM 11 Plus is the selective entrance exam administered by the Centre for Evaluation and Monitoring, Department of Education, University of Durham.

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mumoftwolovelykids

CEM 10 minute tests

Post by mumoftwolovelykids »

Hello,

My daughter will be sitting the Trafford grammar consortium exams in Sept 2017. She is fairly strong at maths, and we are reading daily and working on her vocab.
She needs to improve on her VR, we have the CGP 10 minute VR tests which she finds challenging, is there an equivalent that she can do online?
she seems to enjoy doing it more online, and I would like to keep it at 10/20 min or so, so she can do daily.

So yeah any online resources that we can be using?

Many many thanks,
kenyancowgirl

Re: CEM 10 minute tests

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Have you tried playing word games like Boggle and Scrabble with her - or Taboo (which is great for synonyms)?
grgygirl

Post by grgygirl »

Sorry, I'm not sure what the system is in Trafford but I would persevere with the books/multiple choice answer sheets as these are generally used in the exams. Hopefully if you are practising now then by September, using the papers will be easier.

We found the 10 minute CEM CGP books useful.
um

Post by um »

I assume she's doing the age 10-11 10 Min Tests?
Have you tried started on the age 9-10 to start her off?
ConcernedMum

Post by ConcernedMum »

Had to comment because you sound so like me that I had to check that the post wasn't from me before I realised it was for 2017. My DD is off to Sale Grammar School in September. We used 10 minute tests -I also made flash cards for new words and quizzed her on them and player word games . There is a Bond online site - we didn't really get into it though. Good luck!!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now