Copy of test

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sunshine

Copy of test

Post by Sunshine »

Hi, would anyone know if it is possible for a parent to obtain a copy of their child's test, if NOT appealing the decision. We would really love to see a particular paper (us and the school) but not sure how we could go about it. Thanks for any help.
katel

Post by katel »

You can ask the Education Authority and they will eventually let you see the papers.

But why torture yourselves? You've said you're not going to appeal - why not just "close this box" and look forward?
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

I agree with Katel. You know what silly mistakes kids make when under pressure or working fast - I think anybody rereading their childs paper (pass or not) would think "oh dear you know that one!".
Let us know your decision though. :)
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I am going to try and get hold of it, my son got 138 on the paper, standardised, in September, and was getting 75-85% on practices, and he got 107 and it seemed really, really odd and the school said they wanted to see a copy but it would take a while so I offered to try first, as I am understandably very curious! Will let you know if I get anywhere. Thanks.
medwaymum

Post by medwaymum »

Was he very nervous on the day?
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

Hi MM, I didn't think he was, he seemed very relaxed and quite happy to take the tests and 'get them out of the way'. I did exactly the same when it was me and my 11+! I was second in the class, always streaks ahead of most other pupils, won a cup in the final year for academic achievement, flew through the mock tests... then flunked one of the papers!!

It was quite a 'drama' at the school, his abysmal score (in relative comparison), so there are a few of us who'd like to see the paper, me most of all probably.
thewaiting isagony

Post by thewaiting isagony »

:cry:
Was it Maths that he had a shock result in? It would seem to be the case around here (kent) that Maths is the paper that most children scored the lowest in. I have also heard that the style of the paper was changed from previous years and that it was a particularly hard paper this year.

It would be interesting to see a copy of the test to see if that was the case!
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

I have heard that too, about the Maths. Funnily enough he scored 140 in maths! But yes, several people in our area and the next town along experienced maths as their 'uncharacteristically low' paper. Which is fine, as long as any genuine issues are acknowledged at appeal and dealt with properly.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now